GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The transfer case failed on our 2013 V6 Equinox in Sept 2021, at 44K miles. Chevy/GM has been unable to get us a new transfer case. I have been corresponding with Chevy by email & text/chat. Always the same answer: No transfer cases are available. 8+ months without use of the car is unacceptable. Has anyone else recently gotten a new transfer case from Chevy?

UPDATE: The transfer case will arrived this week. I believe it will be a new unit, but I did not ask.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Most dealers will replace the transfer case with a rebuilt unit which is now on backorder status.
Depending what is wrong with yours, you might be able to have your old one rebuilt.
Check RockAuto to see what parts are available.
Most 4 wheel drive shops can rebuild a transfer case.

·
Registered
2022 Equinox RS AWD, 1.5T, Iron Gray Metallic, Build Date 12/10/21 Purchased 12/17/21
258 Posts
I went through this in August 2021 - no new transfer cases any where. I had to pay new price for a used part, my other option was a rebuilt one for twice the cost of new - if there were any new ones to find. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The transfer case failed on our 2013 V6 Equinox in Sept 2021, at 44K miles. Chevy/GM has been unable to get us a new transfer case. I have been corresponding with Chevy by email & text/chat. Always the same answer: No transfer cases are available. 8+ months without use of the car is unacceptable. Has anyone else recently gotten a new transfer case from Chevy?
I had mine replaced in February but it was at Chevy dealer for 4 months before they could get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts