GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight while Me and my fiancé were out for dinner I started our '12 equinox ltz with the remote start before heading home. After putting the key in a started to drive I noticed the radio was on but had no sound coming out of the speakers. Changed the stations a few times, switched from xm to cd to fm and still no sound. My fiancé stated that happened to her a couple times before while leaving work. I thought maybe if I start the car up by manually turning the key it might fix the sound so I was going to pull off the road. Once I hit the right turn signal I noticed it wasn't making the clicking sound from the turn signal either. Pulled off the road and turned it off, restarted it by turning the key and heard a click sound from the speakers. Radio worked and so did the sound from the turn signals.

Anyone else experience this? Is there a thread somewhere I missed?? Ideas or solutions?? Only had it a little over a month.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This hasn't happened to me in my Nox, but in the Cadillac that I traded in, it did. The steering-wheel controls are about the same on the Caddy, with a "Talk" button that silences all interior noises (radio, A/C, etc), nd opens the microphone while talking. One press cuts off the noise so you can talk, another press cuts off the microphone and then the radio and A/C turn back on. Sometimes the radio wouldn't play, and if I pressed this button once or twice, everything worked just fine. In the Nox, it's the lower (of 2) button on the right side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine happens only when cold out like near zero. You have to stop turn off car open door to cut power to radio and then restart and all is well. A few here have had this problem but only when very cold out. Replacing the radio seems to be the answer. Supposedly radio is three pieces so only main unit needs to be replaced. Waiting for cold weather to take mine in.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Being that you are still under warranty, I would recommend contacting your local dealer for a diagnosis. Please feel free to keep me posted. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts