GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning comming to work I was driving down the road and was ready to pass a car, I turned my wheel just as a car was entering the road. I quickly stepped on the brakes and turned back into my lane. I then stepped on the gas and NOTHING.
I pumped the gas pedal a couple times - NOTHING. The engine was still on but no power. Finally I grabbed the shifter and placed it in Manual and back again to Drive. The power came back after coasting about 100 feet.
Has this happened to anyone else??? Very scary - could have been a bad accident. I was lucky this time.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not good. I have heard of some cases where it seems the tranny is in nuetral for a bit (seaching). I may (or may not) have seen a fix listed for it (programming thing maybe).

·
Registered
432 Posts
i have never had it that bad but i have experienced that real bad delay in throttle response after a quick braking like you mention.
I went in to the dealer and mentioned it and there was a TCM (i think) re-flash for it and i haven't felt it since.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gary: This sounds a lot like what I have been experiencing in my 2011 6cyl Terrain as well. I first reported this on the board back in July of last year. It had been happening pretty much since I got the Terrain the end of December, 2010. I complained to my service person about it at least 3 times and left it there twice and, of course, they couldn't reproduce the problem. I asked them to check the TCM/ECM updates and they claimed I had the latest.

The fact that you were turning your wheel sharply when it happened really made me pause. Mine would mostly happen when I was making a sharp left turn from one road onto a highway that I took to work when I would have to quickly take my foot off the gas, and yes sometimes apply the brake, because the car in front of me slowed down. When I would hit the gas again there would be nothing. I would then have to quickly "pump" the gas several times before it would finally accelerate again. It all happened quickly, and luckily it always did finally catch, but it was very dangerous because the traffic was extremely heavy and there was usually a car pretty much on my tail going through the turn. At first I questioned if it might be something in the fuel injection system, but I had a few other weird tranny things happen as well, including hard shifts and downshifting to passing, instead of upshifting to the next gear when accelerating slightly fast, yet not "flooring" it to make it jump to passing. Plus I think it's rather loud in the lower gears for a 6cyl. I have driven 6cyl for probably 30 years, and never drove one this loud when accelerating, but maybe that's just this one.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Did you bring this to the attention of your local dealer? I would recommend mentioning it to them at your next visit. It may even be possible for them to ride along in your vehicle or for you to drive a similar vehicle to determine if this is normal operation. Please keep me posted.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I didn't tell my dealer - it just happened yesterday morning. i will definately tell him when he gets back to me with the UOA results. I don't think riding along with me will do any good since this only happened once in the last 2 years - other then the slight hesitation others have already mentioned.

·
Registered
432 Posts
If im not mistakes it was a TSB for the issue. if you described it they might be able to pin point it.

I can dig out the old work order and see if it was on there if you like.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's not too much trouble. Just in case my dealer says "Never heard of that problem" SOP statement. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts