GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have 2007 equinox and for about 2 weeks now, I have had no sound. They flash and all the bulbs work just no ticking sound. Anyone know what to check?

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Probably the little speaker assign to make the turn signal flash has gone to the other side. On newer vehicles, there are no "mechanical" relays for the turn signals, so the noise has to be created for our convenience. I just had to replace the little speaker on my brother's truck because of this issue. This was on a big Peterbuilt truck, and it couldn't pass the safety without it working. It was a 1 1/2" little speaker, and I replaced it with one from a very old computer I had around the basement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanks Tricia and cfrtim. Last 8 of vin is 76082041. Wonder where that little speaker might be located?

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
My guess is behind the center console. Looking at GMPartsDirect, and taking a huge stab at it, I'm guessing it's Part #4 here...

http://www.trademotion.com/parts/2011/GMC/TERRAIN/SLE/?siteid=214858&vehicleid=1446749&diagram=FJ10385&diagramCallOut=4

No clue where that actually is, or how hard it is to get to, but I think that's the part you'd need.
Yeah, you're right. But that is for the newer models Equinox. The OP has a 2007 model; nevertheless, is something similar.

Here is what it looked like on a 2009 Peterbuilt. That is the whole relay unit, including the gauges. Believe it or not, the dealer was trying to sell it as a whole unit for $1300, but all I needed was a little speaker, 1 1/2" and 16ohm.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I was not able to find any information under your VIN regarding your concern. Please feel free to keep me posted in regards to the fix. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
289 Posts
CFRTim said:
Yeah, you're right. But that is for the newer models Equinox. The OP has a 2007 model; nevertheless, is something similar.

Here is what it looked like on a 2009 Peterbuilt. That is the whole relay unit, including the gauges. Believe it or not, the dealer was trying to sell it as a whole unit for $1300, but all I needed was a little speaker, 1 1/2" and 16ohm.

I tried to find it on the 2007 model and couldn't find it in their parts search. My guess would be the same general area although it could be like you mentioned and built onto a board. I doesn't surprise me that they wanted $1300. I had a 2006 Buick that the LEDs were dying in. Half my radio no longer lit, the steering wheel lights were out, and so were some other dash lights. FUnny thing is, 110k miles and I had about 10 LEDs die but only one headlight ever go out. I thought LEDs lasted longer?

Well, my point was for the steering wheel they wanted $95 for just parts for each side of the controls. A trip to radio shack, $5 and about 3 hours and I had it all fixed myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
See? I have a 2007 and the turn signal makes no noise. The speakers on the left side are also not working. I just think there are issues with the 2007 model. As I troll the internet it seems that owners of the 2007 model have many of the same issues but they don't seem to have been addressed by GM as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
amcas522 said:
See? I have a 2007 and the turn signal makes no noise. The speakers on the left side are also not working. I just think there are issues with the 2007 model. As I troll the internet it seems that owners of the 2007 model have many of the same issues but they don't seem to have been addressed by GM as far as I can tell.
I can look into this for you, if you can personal message me your VIN. Thank You,
Erica
GMC Customer Service

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but I believe the clicking sound comes from the left side tweeter. The small speaker on the inside of the side mirror.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts