GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Finally received my Terrain after waiting nearly 11 weeks. Worth it so far!
With only having it less than a week, I have found one quirk thats minor..but not sure why it happens. I have paired my cell phone via bluetooth and use it to make and receive calls. I have also set up a few "phone tags" to make calls by name.

When I receive a call (bluetooth not OnStar), the system calls out the name tag that obviously matches the name in the phone book, but displays "unknown number" on my screen. I dont have the NAV.

Odd that it obviously knows who is calling by referencing what is in the phonebook, calls out the name, yet can't display the number. Anyone else found this?

I have not tried receiving a phone call with just OnStar to see if it does the same thing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have received the unknown caller message a couple times, but I don't think it read the name tag. Everytime i did receive the message, the caller was in the Terrain's phonebook, but there was obviously a communication error between the phone and the car where the car didn't receive the number from the phone for whatever reason. I imagine this might happen to certain phones more than others since the technology is different from brand to brand. It could be the network of your mobile provider that is causing the error as well...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh... I didn't even know the display could show the incoming phone number. I have the Nav and all calls show up as Unknown Number but it shows correctly on my Bold 9700. It does call out the name of person calling though if they are in my onboard phonebook. I was hoping the Nav Upgrade might fix this issue? I guess I will see next week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thinking is...if it knows the name in the phonebook and calls it out...its cross-referencing that somewhere..just not displaying it!
I'll probably check with dealer but with something that trivial, it will probably remain unknown for a while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not all Phones are 100% compatible with the system. I have paired two different phones and neither does ALL the options.
For instance, my main phone will not answer through the steering wheel or call button on the radio, but everything else works (ncluding the caller ID). There are over 3000 models of phones and only 100 or so have been thoroughly tested by GM Engineers.

If and when you upgrade your cellphone, go to the GM http://www.gm.com/vc/bluetooth/index.jsp forum and they list all Bluetooth Capable (tested) phones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need to clarify, that its not a hit and miss with the display.
If the number is not entered in the Terrain phone book, it displays the number. If the listing is in the Terrain phone book, it calls out the corresponding name tag, but displays unknown number.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've noticed some of this on mine. If I remember correctly it always calls out the name tag. Most of mine are listed in the on board phone book. But doesn't always post the number. I have also had to repair my phone once. Neither of which are a big deal to me as I still know who's calling. I don't need both the name and the number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts