GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Terrain, which I'm really happy with. However, it doesn't have a gas cap, just a flapper type thingy where you insert the pump nozzle. With all the crime today I am concerned about how easy it is to just dump something bad into the gas tank. Is there any way to install a locking device to eliminate this "problem"?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
AC Delco makes one for GM cars.
Google GT376

·
Registered
108 Posts
The 2019 Terrain does not come with a gas cap. It is a new design where the flap is the cap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Honestly if someone is going out of their way to dump something into your gas tank, there is a feud of some sort going on. I have not seen a gas cap locking cap or door on a car in I don't know how long. Why worry about something that has not even happened, just enjoy the vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honestly if someone is going out of their way to dump something into your gas tank, there is a feud of some sort going on. I have not seen a gas cap locking cap or door on a car in I don't know how long. Why worry about something that has not even happened, just enjoy the vehicle.
I sometimes park my vehicle in several areas where problems do occur, like in the bush while I'm out fishing all day. Pranksters and I use that term loosely like to have their fun unfortunately. I'd like to have the extra protection of a safety cap. It's like extra insurance.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Vandals would need something long to open the 2nd flap down in the neck.
Did you always use locking gas caps in the past?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vandals would need something long to open the 2nd flap down in the neck.
Did you always use locking gas caps in the past?
That may be true but sugar can be dumped in through the first flap and introduced into the tank when the nozzle goes in. I have used a locking cap before in other vehicles especially when on a trip. Unfortunately from what I gather from reviews non of the Terrain locking cap options is really secure. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts