GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm very happy with the '19 Redline but since the topic is picking nits here are mine;

1. If I get out of the vehicle and leave the keys in it or sometimes even leave it running and get out the damned horn beeps 5 times announcing to anyone within a half mile range that here's a car you can steal. I would like to defeat that nonsense. It's my car, I'm making the payments and if I want to let it run while I open a gate I should be able to without the nagging horn beeps.
2. Put the car in drive and the doors lock. I'd like to have that choice myself... Like when I'm driving through a bad neighborhood.
3. A very short run cycle with remote start. Barely warms the car up or melts the ice on the windshield.
4. The damned back seat reminder chime
5. Icy Roads possible whenever the temperature is below freezing.

I realize that chimes and nagging, doors that lock are probably on every new vehicle but it would be nice to be able to disable it if the owner chooses to live dangerously.
1. Can be turned off in the "remote left in vehicle" setting in the infotainment.
2. Should be the default setting, can't recall if this is a selectable option or not.
4. Can be turned off in the infotainment system by deselecting "rear seat reminder"
5. Agreed, very annoying.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Greenie

Did your vehicle come with an Owners Manual ? If not, then you should ask your dealer for one. If so, then you may want to read it. There is a wealth of information in it that would have answered many of your concerns, and also provide you with other features that you may find helpful and handy. Just saying...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greenie

Did your vehicle come with an Owners Manual ? If not, then you should ask your dealer for one. If so, then you may want to read it. There is a wealth of information in it that would have answered many of your concerns, and also provide you with other features that you may find helpful and handy. Just saying...

Pretty damned dry reading... how many times do I need to be reminded that gasoline is flammable or that gravity exists? The owners manual is what.. 500 pages with optimistically 70 pages of useful content. Just saying......

·
Registered
955 Posts
Pretty damned dry reading... how many times do I need to be reminded that gasoline is flammable or that gravity exists? The owners manual is what.. 500 pages with optimistically 70 pages of useful content. Just saying......
So skip the stuff you're familiar with and concentrate on the things that are new!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Kind of off topic, got a gizmo the other day and the operator's manual had four pages of warnings, about a half page of how to use, and really poor instructions at that. The GM manuals are pretty informative but can be a chore to find what you need to know. A searchable download is the way to go I think.

·
Registered
952 Posts
A searchable download is the way to go I think.

I have the Equinox Owners manual on my computer and phone.
Using the search function is handy when you don't know what section to look in.

·
Registered
952 Posts
So skip the stuff you're familiar with and concentrate on the things that are new!
I agree. I always look through a vehicle owners manual.
Like you mentioned I spend most of my time on features I'm not familiar with.
I spent most of my time reading through all the settings for my 2018.

·
Registered
952 Posts
2. Put the car in drive and the doors lock. I'd like to have that choice myself... Like when I'm driving through a bad neighborhood.
Our cars have had that feature for a long time.
I would be surprised if it can be turned off. I believe it's a safety feature. There's less chance of being ejected in a rollover when not wearing a seatbelt.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Our cars have had that feature for a long time.
I would be surprised if it can be turned off.
Per my '18 Terrain Owner's Manual, as well as Greenie's '19 Equinox Owner's Manual, "Automatic door locking cannot be disabled."

My previous ride, a '98 Pontiac Trans Sport, automatically locked the doors when put into Drive. There was no infotainment system, so there was no way to disable it even I had thought about doing so. I liked the feature, so I never even thought about disabling it. But then I'm one of those oddballs that always locked the doors in the pre-automated days, always wears a seat belt (and required my passengers to do so as well), always signals lane changes and turns (even when there are no other vehicles around), and don't text, email or read books, magazines, newspapers, Facebook, Twitter, etc. while driving. In other words, an old fuddy duddy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i had a 99 grandam and it could be set anyway Iwanted it. Actually every car i had since then did have a way to do it. The Terrain and Equinox has the option to. Its in the system and can be changed. By default it locks the door when in drive and unlocks them when in park.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Per my '18 Terrain Owner's Manual, as well as Greenie's '19 Equinox Owner's Manual, "Automatic door locking cannot be disabled."

Yep, I just checked my manual and on page 42 it states "Automatic door locking cannot be disabled."

·
Registered
40 Posts
Kind of off topic, got a gizmo the other day and the operator's manual had four pages of warnings, about a half page of how to use, and really poor instructions at that. The GM manuals are pretty informative but can be a chore to find what you need to know. A searchable download is the way to go I think.
I find using the index in the back of the manual makes finding things I want to know pretty easy. I think it what might be called a prehistoric version of a searchable download feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lift the rug back
Remove the block of foam
Drive around for a few weeks to flatten the rug as best as possible
It will not be perfect so you will need to lift it again and trim the insulation under the rug where it gets bunched up

Not the easiest or prettiest job but you left leg will thank you in the long run
Thanks! I've got the OEM GM All Weather Floor mats so I may just be leaving it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 1st post here...Just got my 2019 Equinox 3 days ago....used...former rental. I did do a Factory Re-Set on the Infotainment settings to eliminate all the former phones that were saved. Having an issue with the voice recognition system. It won't handle anything except my phone. I'll say "Switch to FM"..nothing. "Tune to 98.1"...nothing "Switch to AM 850"...nothing. "Call Home" and it connectcs me and makes the call. Also when I press the steering wheel button, there is no "Prompt". Other vehicles we've had always start with a Prompt....Is all this normal for Chevy? Thanks for any help...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Having an issue with the voice recognition system. It won't handle anything except my phone. I'll say "Switch to FM"..nothing. "Tune to 98.1"...nothing "Switch to AM 850"...nothing. "Call Home" and it connectcs me and makes the call. Also when I press the steering wheel button, there is no "Prompt". Other vehicles we've had always start with a Prompt....Is all this normal for Chevy? Thanks for any help...

Welcome to the forum.
I have a 2018 Premier.
My phone is connected by Bluetooth and when I press the voice command button on the wheel it will ask me what I want to do or I can pick the option on the Diver Information Center.
With voice I can make phone calls, give commands for the radio or give Navigation commands.
I do not use voice commands but have tried it to see how it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same vehicle, mine works when my phone is wired in, does not work when I'm not hooked up to the system..
When you are hooked up to the system, can you change the audio source via the steering wheel button? IE: Switch to AM...Switch to FM?
I cannot do either of those thru the button, nor do I ever get a prompt for anything after pressing the button. The radio does mute but no prompt ever happens.....Thanks for any comments

61 - 79 of 79 Posts