GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asked a salesperson who I am working with to purchase a new 2012 EQ about the availability of the new radio with Pandora streaming, which is called MyLink. She asked GM, and here is the response from GM:

Mike, I received an answer from GM in regards to the MY Link question. They told me that the feature has not yet been added to the 2012 Equinox. They did not say there was a pending time frame. They just said it had not been made available for the 2012. :sosad:

I also have the ever present Tricia looking into it, but she has not heard back from the President of GM. ::)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well that's annoying.

·
Registered
91 Posts
fullcourt said:
Asked a salesperson who I am working with to purchase a new 2012 EQ about the availability of the new radio with Pandora streaming, which is called MyLink. She asked GM, and here is the response from GM:

Mike, I received an answer from GM in regards to the MY Link question. They told me that the feature has not yet been added to the 2012 Equinox. They did not say there was a pending time frame. They just said it had not been made available for the 2012. :sosad:

I also have the ever present Tricia looking into it, but she has not heard back from the President of GM. ::)
A local dealer had a 2012 Equinox LTZ that my wife and I looked at. It had the Pandora icon on the radio and I assume it was usable.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ptco911 said:
A local dealer had a 2012 Equinox LTZ that my wife and I looked at. It had the Pandora icon on the radio and I assume it was usable.
Will a 2012 with nav have pandora?

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a video floating around that says late 2012 models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bump- Any more news on this Tricia from GM? MyLink functionality on existing 2012 Equinox models/when it actually comes out? Frustrating....

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would have to agree that the MyLink/Intellilink radio is an entirely different radio altogether. It is not something that can be upgraded. I would be happy to check and see if you have the connected radio with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
All,

I have been fighting (not even a strong enough word for it) with GGM and my local salesperson about this issue. I bought a 2012 Equinox with NAV expecting MyLink's features, when they were not present, my dealership said they would come in an update file I can download. I know now that was a lie, but only after taking delivery.

Long story shirt, current on the lot 2012 Equinoxes are not equipped with this and will never be. There is no upgrade path. The MyLink stuff will be released in spring time (just like it is available this fall - directly from the Equinox website, even today) , but no one has a date. There is so much misinformation going around, just GM alone, about this. No one has a clue, but someone in the big office made a call to start selling 2012's without the product they have been advertising and selling since February.

Keep them honest, guys.

How do you know a salesman is lying?
His lips are moving.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The Info on the GMC site for the GMC Terrain states :

INTELLILINK

■Available Option Late 2012 Model Year

·
Registered
194 Posts
brewer61 said:
All,

I have been fighting (not even a strong enough word for it) with GGM and my local salesperson about this issue. I bought a 2012 Equinox with NAV expecting MyLink's features, when they were not present, my dealership said they would come in an update file I can download. I know now that was a lie, but only after taking delivery.

Long story shirt, current on the lot 2012 Equinoxes are not equipped with this and will never be. There is no upgrade path. The MyLink stuff will be released in spring time (just like it is available this fall - directly from the Equinox website, even today) , but no one has a date. There is so much misinformation going around, just GM alone, about this. No one has a clue, but someone in the big office made a call to start selling 2012's without the product they have been advertising and selling since February.

Keep them honest, guys.

How do you know a salesman is lying?
His lips are moving.
I was told the same thing. I was told I would ave to update an app. On my iPhone.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here in Canada Pandora won't work anyway, much like Hulu and other great internet streaming services you guys enjoy in the US.
Good thimg is that the 2011 Nox supports full digital connection to the iPhone 4S over USB, including all of the apps, like TuneIn Radio and even Pandora when I enable VPN. Even better, it will display the artist/song info on the dashboard, so it"s better than satellite radio :cheers:

·
Registered
56 Posts
CFRTim said:
Good thimg is that the 2011 Nox supports full digital connection to the iPhone 4S over USB, including all of the apps, like TuneIn Radio and even Pandora. Even better, it will display the artist/song info on the dashboard, so it"s better than satellite radio
+1

Better sound quality, too, and it's FREE (minus pocket change for the TuneIn App). Good stuff!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts