GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
Those are fog light. By being low to the road, they will cut through the fog without bouncing off of it blinding you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I turn them on, I don’t have an inner ring on the light stock on the right side of the steering wheel to turn them on

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
How do I turn them on, I don’t have an inner ring on the light stock on the right side of the steering wheel to turn them on
Check your owners manual.
I have a 2014 with factory fogs but they are different.
There is a chance that the previous owner added the lights without the switch and wires.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You can't turn them on. If you go to your dealer they will unlock them for $2,199.

Tic are you serious?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
You can't turn them on. If you go to your dealer they will unlock them for $2,199.
It might help the OP if he knows if his vehicle came from the factory with fog lights, or added later.
The info on GM Authority as of 3-25-16 shows the RPO code for factory fog lights for 2016/2017 is (T96).
If this code is on the sticker in your glove box, it came with factory fogs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They may be fake fog lights that are standard on most LTs. Base models came with a black blankout panel. LTs for the vast majority of them came with what looks like fog lights but really are not. The easiest way to tell is to look at the lens. If it is completely clear, you will be able to see the bulbs. See the bulbs, you have fog lights. If there is what kinda looks like a plastic "grill" you will not see bulbs and therefore no fogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts