GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2010 Equinox LS 2.4L. It is a company car to replace a 2006 Dodge Grand Garavan (just shy of 100k miles). My company doesn't give us much choice other than color. They picked the deep tint windows, floor mats, & cargo cover. I picked the Mocha Steel Metallic. I put 200 miles on it the first day. I'm very impressed with it. It handles well, is very quiet, has great brakes & a nice sounding base stereo system (especially with the ipod connected). My only gripe is it is low on power/torque. Here in Western PA, I have to go up/down mountains all day long. As I put more miles on it, maybe it'll run a little better. It is tough adapting from all the room in the Caravan, but I finally get away from the 'minivan' persona.

I would like to add the USB connection for my ipod. My Equinox has the base radio. I did a search and found the Personal Device Interface Module (19202754), but there is very little info about it. Anybody do this yet? It is just plug/play? Is there a connector in the console, or does it have to be routed to the main radio unit?

Looking forward to learning stuff about the Equinox.

I have a fully restored 1966 GTO hardtop, a 505 horsepower 461 ci BBC powered 1990 454SS pickup with a 6 speed manual, and a 2002 Honda VTX1800 motorcycle. I guess you can say I like alot of power. I have owned plenty of 4 cylinder 'small' cars, but they were all lightweight cars. It is kinda odd having something that weighs near 4000 lbs with a 4 cylinder.

Tod

Check out my site for pics of the truck & the GTO: http://www.akvalley.net/~ss

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you go to the Chevy site and "Build your own" Equinox, one of the dealer installed options is the Interface module for $250
I guess it depends on how handy you are around Car electronics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts