GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello just got a 2012 Mocha SLE2 and decided to join this forum it looks to have the most activity from the number I see. I guess my first question is what are the most common issues I can expect from it? So far I love it checked out all the bells and whistles configured my android and Onstar app and all is good. Have 120mi on it in 2 days and it is quite a change from my 08 HHR I traded in on it for sure. I loved that car but the milage was getting up there. I will miss the flat fold down carg area the most as well as the passenger seat I wish the Terrain had that it will limit my buying sprees. I was gettin 26mpg on the 86 mile ride home from the dealer doing 70mph and was getting 32mpg going there in the HHR I have read the MPG is inflated on the sticker. Thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just bought a 2012 Mocha AWD Terrain 2.4L 4-cyl myself, best mileage so far has been 23mpg ( but mostly 20mpg ). Like you I had a HHR, I liked my HHR but without the correct tires for winter driving I found the HHR to be horrible in the snow.

The Terrain fits my needs and I'm happy with my purchase so far.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just drive it and enjoy it. Don't worry about issues until or if they come up.

I will add that there is a break in for these if you believe in them. Driving 70mph in first 600 miles is something the manual says to avoid.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I also had an HHR previously...

I find the Terrain to be so much nicer in styling,feel,comfort..

Yeah, I too wish the back seats went down all the way. But no biggy..Also I dont get as good of MPG as I did on my HHR ( I had the 2.4L engine)

and I also thought the HHR was HORRIBLE in the snow!...I hated driving that car in the snow...the Terrain (AWD) is alot of fun! I had a blast last year driving in the snow!

Have fun and enjoy the new vehicle.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tsduke said:
Just drive it and enjoy it. Don't worry about issues until or if they come up.

I will add that there is a break in for these if you believe in them. Driving 70mph in first 600 miles is something the manual says to avoid.
Oops did not read the owners manual before I left the dealer in Charleston on that. Still ran today after the 80 mi trip doing 60-70mph. Not too worried about snow only seen 3 in. in the last 4 years here In Myrtle Beach :thumb: I was getting over 30mpg in instant mpg w/cruise on around town today doing 45-55 on some stretches.It is flat here I have seen 40ft above sea level as the high spot so lots of good air too. I will see how it goes from what I have been reading it takes some break in on these DI engines. If I get the combined average at 24mpg I will be a happy camper that was all I was getting with my HHR around here. I did not get the remote start but have the page 2-6 saying it may be remote ready gonna call the dealer tomorrow and have them check the VIN to add it. I know where I can get the remotes and get a discount because I am a GM retiree I have seen ~275 as the total cost remotes+programming to do it.

Already have the My GMC app on my phone working and Bluetooth too pretty cool. Getting chrome grille and wheel cover installed tomorrow and will be getting the handles and mirrors done too. Gotta get the hitch installed as I have a small trailer I used to haul with my HHR. I am gonna need it now since the seats do not fold flat anymore that will cramp my hauling. That was one of the best things about the HHR. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Dark Age53 said:
I just bought a 2012 Mocha AWD Terrain 2.4L 4-cyl myself, best mileage so far has been 23mpg ( but mostly 20mpg ). Like you I had a HHR, I liked my HHR but without the correct tires for winter driving I found the HHR to be horrible in the snow.

The Terrain fits my needs and I'm happy with my purchase so far.
Congratulations on your purchase! Thank you for your loyalty. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the vehicle. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts