GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hearded that, there could be a possible new turbo engine coming with more power ? anybody with this kind of information ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would personally doubt it, but anything's possible. Both the Ecotec 4 and V6 are solid mainstream GM engines, I can't see them replacing them in a nox or terrain any time soon. Perhaps only for a performance model.

Sigh, still no diesel. Give me a 3.0L twin turbo diesel, and I'll trade in my terrain tomorrow. More power, more torque, better fuel economy, cheaper at the pump.

·
Registered
698 Posts
There was a thread sometime ago on GMI about the TT 3.0. I doubt the actual engine is a rumour, but whether or not the Thetas will see it is probably.

·
Registered
441 Posts
no reason for a v6 turbo in these....

throw a 5.3 LS4 in it, or a turbo eco......

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ 5.3?? And add weight to my already bloated 4,000 lb Terrain? I think a TT 3.0 would be a great option for a Terrain Denali.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Terrain said:
^ 5.3?? And add weight to my already bloated 4,000 lb Terrain? I think a TT 3.0 would be a great option for a Terrain Denali.
303 hp and 323 lbfts wouldnt factor out the extra hundred or so pounds of engine weight???

478lbs is the weight of the 5400......the 3.0 is about 350 (cant find exacts)

from what ive read this tt is being save for the camaro and or in a caddy...

·
Registered
446 Posts
The SRX Theta has a 2.8L V6 tubro. I just don't see them using that in the 'Nox. I could easily see them making an SS version with a turbo'd I4 though. That'd be a mean little machine ;D

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ I couldn't see them using the 2.8 turbo in a more maintstream vehicle. We need DI to reduce the temps so that we don't have to use premium fuel. That would be a dealbreaker for me at least. I'm pretty satisfied with the 3.0 NA.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Chevy doesn't like turbos. I really dont see that happening unless the mindset changes. I do see other companies though putting pressure on Chevy to step up there game. Well maybe not. Look at the Impala :(

·
Registered
306 Posts
I my opinion, the engines we have today are the same ones we'll have tomorrow. No reason for turbo's in these vehicles IMHO.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i think that this is a nice enough looking car to appeal to everyone expect the ones who want a nice beafy engine, or tow heavier things than a sea doo. i think its a good idea

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The previous generation Equinox had a sport model, don't see why this generation wouldn't have one eventually. A turbo could definitely be a part of that..either on the Ecotec 2.4 or simply using the same turboed 2.8 V6 that is offered in the SRX. Of course, such a sport model Equinox/Terrain would probably have a pricetag dangerously close to SRX territory..

·
0 Posts
NoobNox said:
The previous generation Equinox had a sport model, don't see why this generation wouldn't have one eventually. A turbo could definitely be a part of that..either on the Ecotec 2.4 or simply using the same turboed 2.8 V6 that is offered in the SRX. Of course, such a sport model Equinox/Terrain would probably have a pricetag dangerously close to SRX territory..
Unless GM comes out with radical new technology in the next few years for FWD plateform, the LF3 will never see placement in our cars. The 6T70/75 is only rated for 315hp/280lbs Torque. The LF3 has been in works for sometime, but I expect due to torque and power numbers it will not make it into a FWD setup. With that much power, our setup would have nothing but horrible torque steer. Adding a turbo to the 2.4 would be utterly pointless when they can achieve numbers with the 2.0 already out (dies this year), and its replacement twin coming in the Regal GS.

The TT 3.0 will be Caddy RWD, Chevy RWD (talking redesigned Imapla, Camaro), Buick RWD

Which means if the Lamba expects to get one, I see them moving towards RWD vs being FWD based........but again I dont see them getting it either, just me though.

·
Administrator
599 Posts
Would a rear bias AWD system solve the torque steer issue? Just thinking they might offer an AWD only version with the LF3. I know most of GM's AWD systems today are more front drive biased, but that's simply a software change. With nothing more than a firmware update, you could give the Lambdas (and Thetas) pseudo-RWD characteristics. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
admin said:
Would a rear bias AWD system solve the torque steer issue? Just thinking they might offer an AWD only version with the LF3. I know most of GM's AWD systems today are more front drive biased, but that's simply a software change. With nothing more than a firmware update, you could give the Lambdas (and Thetas) pseudo-RWD characteristics. Thoughts?
I don't think the rear drivetrain in the Nox/Terrain is up to the task of putting most of the power on the ground full time. It would have to be beefed up considerably adding weight...and pretty much making the vehicle a part-time 4X4 instead of AWD.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts