GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy. My wife and I bought a 2019 redline and we absolutely love it. But I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to bypass the Rev limiter when your foot is on the break. We do small red light to red light races in our town ( we also have a 2017 Camaro SS and a 1997 cord f150 with a built 4.6 supercharged) although I am happy with the performance of the nox I would love to bypass this I'd say 1800 to 2000 rpm rev limiter So we could stage the turbo. Thanks

·
Registered
5,386 Posts
I guess. . . not really a performance vehicle and aren't you concerned about stressing the tranny and drivetrain not to mention void any warranty?
If not. . then a tune may possibly delete the rev limiter

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've never thought of street racing my 2019 Redline; although its performance is impressive for a smaller Chevy crossover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not hard racing. Just an 1/8 mile red light to red light. It's a big thing in the town we live in. You'll see a 98 Chevy truck run against a 350 z both stock. It's really a race to see who hits 60 first. All amateurs. People having fun. So I'm not too concerned about too much stressing I'd just like an edge. And there is no warranty we paid cash to owner
Just so you know the redline is absolutely amazing .
We have at tires for the winter and I swear you can take that crossover anywhere

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have you experimented with turning off traction control/stability control and using manual shift mode when trying to brake torque launch? Chevy warns damage could occur, but it might be a way to get a better launch. Try at your own risk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That isn't a bulletproof TH400 that can withstand repeated drag launches and other abuse.
From my experience, the more "gears" you cram into a slushbox, the less durable it becomes.
Heat is the enemy of any automatic transmission, and brake-torquing builds up heat in the fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts