GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Glad to see such a useful site about this car! I just ordered mine Friday!!

SLT2 I-4 with Nav and cargo package

Mocha Brown with Black/Brownstone interior.

OTD price $34,445 (hope I got a decent deal...)

I was wondering... If the dealer gets any factory incentives from GM, they should still apply, yes??

Can't wait for my new Terrain!!

George

·
Registered
978 Posts
Is that...$34+K Canadian ?

·
Registered
698 Posts
^ can't be. Must be USD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my Terrain about 3 weeks now and love it so far. I paid $33800 US OTD.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I purchased mine (05/2011) there were no GM incentives and the dealers wouldn't even negotiate the price. If you want one here in AZ you have to pay the MSRP.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Any 'deals' in effect when you take delivery would apply to you.
If there's a 'rebate' or 'cash back' that expires before you take delivery, you lose that.

BTDT.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got mine 34k OTD (included tax/tag/title/dealer fees)

I think they gave me a bill of 38k for OTD and I laughed at them

2011 SLT-2, 6cyl, navigation, tow package

I got mine during Christmas time (bought Dec 24th) and I walked in with cash...not a check, actualy cash lol

You got a good deal though, I think the only reason I got mine for cheap was the money, they drooled lol

Welcome to the Terrain Family!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses.... I feel like at least I am in the right ballpark with the price!! I am excited for this car, as it is my first new one in 10 years! My last car that I just sold was an 01 Tahoe. Loved it, but 12 mpg was no workin lol...

I know there are a lot of posts out there re: mpg, but I can't wait to see what I will really get. I have a Honda Civic as well, so it better do well ;) Whatever it is, it will be much better than the Tahoe!!

Also, any tips on how to properly break it in?

George

·
Registered
176 Posts
Although I like the Terrain, there is no Terrain worth $34K. The dealers are keeping to "sticker" price because the car is a new model. When the PT Cruiser first came out, the dealers charged a premium because it was a popular NEW model. In the last years of the cars production, you could get them for $10K new.

The Terrain depreciate about 30% right after you drive it off the lot. I'm waiting until the newness of the cars wear off, prices drop and GM either reduces the price or offers some good buying incentives. :-\

·
Registered
120 Posts
Old Lar said:
Although I like the Terrain, there is no Terrain worth $34K. The dealers are keeping to "sticker" price because the car is a new model. When the PT Cruiser first came out, the dealers charged a premium because it was a popular NEW model. In the last years of the cars production, you could get them for $10K new.

The Terrain depreciate about 30% right after you drive it off the lot. I'm waiting until the newness of the cars wear off, prices drop and GM either reduces the price or offers some good buying incentives. :-\
You can say that about anything with model cycles, I didn't want to wait so I found an immaculate used 2010 that the original owner lost $9,000 on to drive for a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts