GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

THe wife finally made the deal and bought her 2010 Merlot Terrain this weekend. So far it is great, however we have some concerns/questions that the dealer can't answer. Her Terrain is the SLT1 package and we ended up getting the DVD's added, but it only comes with the Pioneer Premium Stereo. Our concern/question is that there is a USB port and what appears to be a audio jack in the center console. The concern is that the radio does not have the MEM/DVD button, only the AUX button. So what are the audio jack and USB port for? If the USB is for uploading music, how do you do that? THe owners manual only refers to the radio with the "MEM/DVD" button to load music or data and her radio does not have that. Anyone have any ideas? THanks.

gadawg
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
gadawg31 said:
Hello everyone,

THe wife finally made the deal and bought her 2010 Merlot Terrain this weekend. So far it is great, however we have some concerns/questions that the dealer can't answer. Her Terrain is the SLT1 package and we ended up getting the DVD's added, but it only comes with the Pioneer Premium Stereo. Our concern/question is that there is a USB port and what appears to be a audio jack in the center console. The concern is that the radio does not have the MEM/DVD button, only the AUX button. So what are the audio jack and USB port for? If the USB is for uploading music, how do you do that? THe owners manual only refers to the radio with the "MEM/DVD" button to load music or data and her radio does not have that. Anyone have any ideas? THanks.

gadawg
THe USB port is for connecting MP3 players and usb drives/harddrives (w/ mp3's) to play on the radio. Same w/ the aux input on the same connection, the benefit of the USB is steering wheel controls work, and if its a mp3 player it will keep it charged, atleast it does my crackberry.

Only the Nav system had the 40GB (or w/e size it was) harddrive in the radio.

Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
2010BlkGraniteNox said:
Only the Nav system had the 40GB (or w/e size it was) harddrive in the radio.
Yep. It's 40 GB total, with 10 GB dedicated on the hard drive for uploading music.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010BlkGraniteNox said:
THe USB port is for connecting MP3 players and usb drives/harddrives (w/ mp3's) to play on the radio. Same w/ the aux input on the same connection, the benefit of the USB is steering wheel controls work, and if its a mp3 player it will keep it charged, atleast it does my crackberry.

Only the Nav system had the 40GB (or w/e size it was) harddrive in the radio.

Hope this helps
My only question is; how do you operate these functions? The radio "only" has and "AUX" button. When weplug in an MP3 player nothing happens and the "AUX" button has no effect. On her old car, the radio had a function to load music from the USB port, but not on the Terrain. Any ideas? Thanks, gadawg
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top