GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

New Terrain 1.5 chips or programmers any good?

263 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  gary255
Do they void warranty?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Do they void warranty?
YES absolutely.
Reactions: 1
I will add this also.
My 2023 is currently having some intermittent SERVICE ESC error messages that the dealer can't track down becuase it is too intermittent. Otherwise I am planning on looking into Pedal Commander if they ever get my car figured out. My understanding of Pedal Commander is that it just sends a quicker response between the throttle pedal to the throttle body. I does not do anything to the vehicle's software like a tune can.
My 2023 is currently having some intermittent SERVICE ESC error messages that the dealer can't track down becuase it is too intermittent.
Not saying that this is the cause, but a weak battery can cause unexplainable warnings on the DIC. I know this from experience. If you don't use the vehicle often and/or make a lot of short trips, the battery gets depleted. Not enough to not allow you to start the vehicle, but enough that the sensors and/or computers get confused. In the situations of infrequent use and/or short trips, a battery tender is your friend.
I actually do have the wiring for a battery tender hooked up and plug it in when it is going to be sitting for a week. Only takes two minutes. I have a sneaking suspicion it is the Lane Keep function. I disabled it this morning and will see what happens. If I had a Tune or some other electronic device, the dealer would tell me not GM's problem. That is why I want to eventually look at something like Pedal Commander that does not reprogram the ECU. It plugs into the foot pedal and tweaks the signal to the throttle body. I think this 1.5 just needs a little faster response and nothing wild. Kind of like Sport mode in my F150 but a little milder.
My 2023 is currently having some intermittent SERVICE ESC error messages that the dealer can't track down becuase it is too intermittent. Otherwise I am planning on looking into Pedal Commander if they ever get my car figured out. My understanding of Pedal Commander is that it just sends a quicker response between the throttle pedal to the throttle body. I does not do anything to the vehicle's software like a tune can.
I had a 2018 Equinox with the same service esc error. They replaced the battery module (some part on top of the battery) and no more issues.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts