GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can now view TerrainForum.net, EquinoxForum.net and SRXForum.net on your iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Nokia smartphone using the TapaTalk app! There are two versions of the app - TapaTalk RO (Read Only) is free and allows you to read any part of the forum without cost, formatted nicely for your small screen. There's also a premium version for $2.99 that gives you full access (post/reply to threads, PMs, etc). There's more info on the Tapatalk app and it's functionality listed below, from their site.

* Please Note: We have nothing to do with the tapatalk apps. We don't profit from them or endorse them. I simply used their SMF plugin as a benefit to our users who want a better mobile viewing experience on their smartphones. Please visit the tapatalk community if you have problems with their app.

Get the app here

To find us initially, We are in category: Automotive -> GM -> TerrainForum.net | EquinoxForum.net | SRXForum.net, or you can simply search for your perferred forum by name. Once you login the first time, you can simply click on "accounts" at the bottom and jump directly into the forum on subsequent visits.

HTML:
<hr>
Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone / Android and soon to be on Blackberry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin (3.x and 4.x) and phpBB forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Full screen image support - support landscape mode also

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Does it work for iPad too?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Re: Re: NEW SITE FEATURE: iPhone / Android / Blackberry App!

Just want to say thanks, i use tappatalk on my htc evo, been waiting for this.

Sent from my sec_smdk6410 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roesterman, I don't see why not. I'm not sure if tapatalk has an ipad specific app out yet, but the iphone one should work in a pinch, I'd think. However, I'm not sure it would be as much of a benefit on the iPad, since the whole point of the app is to provide a more readable format for a small screen.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been using tappatalk a lot and so far I only have one complaint about it (I know this forum is in no way associated with tappatalk, so I plan to leave them this same feedback). My problem is search.

When I search for a term (let's say, "oil") on the website I get 6 pages full of results. On tappatalk I only get a single thread, the most recent one, with no way to continue searching. Needless to say, I can't search from my iphone :-\

Oh, actually, I have one more issue: links. People constantly post links to other threads and tappatalk will open those in safari. I don't know if it is because I added equinoxforum.net and most liks point to terrainforum.net.

Anyway, I'm posting it here in case there's a plugin configuration on our end that could help, and I'll post it on their site to see if they fix it on theirs.

Thanks!

Daniel

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Roesterman said:
Does it work for iPad too?
Yes sure does, you just don't get the use of the full screen of the ipad. [/color]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tapatalk server plugin has been updated from 0.9.13 to the newest version (1.1.0). Since this includes several upgrades at once, lots of bug fixes, performance improvements and new features are included. For full details, the changelog can be found here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts