GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've seen alot of complaints online regarding the issue with the Windshield wiper transmission. Now there's a recall in Canada but not the US because people are complaining online instead of contacting GMC. If you want a recall you have to contact GMC . I just paid $318 to fix the problem because no one is contacting GMC.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Even thought this is an old thread here is what i know. My 2013 Equinox was repaired under recall 25302 in march of 2017. I was driving down the road and the wipers failed. Just so happened that I was passing a Chevy dealer at the time and pulled in. They replaced the module and plug assy. Took 1/2 an hour. No charge

·
Registered
254 Posts
Received a letter from GM regarding this issue in which they will cover repairs during a 10 year period from when the vehicle was purchased. It is not a recall. A form was also attached for reimbursement for any previous repairs that I had done concerning the arm. I am in the U.S. and understand this was a Canada bulletin originally. I only have 30,000 on my Equinox, but is this a high rate failure where I should contact my dealer and get it done now? I am guessing this is a failure that occurs without warning when the wipers are in use.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Received a letter from GM regarding this issue in which they will cover repairs during a 10 year period from when the vehicle was purchased. It is not a recall. A form was also attached for reimbursement for any previous repairs that I had done concerning the arm. I am in the U.S. and understand this was a Canada bulletin originally. I only have 30,000 on my Equinox, but is this a high rate failure where I should contact my dealer and get it done now? I am guessing this is a failure that occurs without warning when the wipers are in use.
I just got the same letter about a week or so ago. Just kind of skimmed through it. I've got almost 143,000 miles on my 2011 and no sign of a problem (yet) ... but I could see it failing instantaneously. Maybe I should get some replacement parts and throw them in the glovebox? I never take my vehicles back to the dealer unless there's a warranty or safety issue.

Then again - I still haven't taken my '02 Impala in for the Ignition Switch "fix" (whatever that was .. a plastic insert of some kind?). I get 2 or 3 "Stop Sign" postcards every year telling me to bring it in to the local Chevy dealer for "repair". They go right in the garbage.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts