GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

Currently I drive a 2007 Avalanhce, which I LOVE. However it's got 96K miles on it, so its time to go. Being very tired of the $100 fill-ups, I decided to get something with better gas mileage. My girlfriend just bought a Rav4, which I've driven a few times, and it is quite nice. Just a little feminine though.
Then a found the Equinox...
After visiting several stealers, and witnessing their desire to treat the car as a precious gem, I found one that would sell me any car for $400 over invoice.
Looked for a couple weeks for black, red , or silver one with leather, and did not find anything close to me. I ordered one last week:
Cardinal Red, 2LT, leather, power sunroof, at $400 over invoice. Dealer is estimating end of June for delivery.
I almost waited for a 2011, however dealer is guessing that prices will be up on them due to popularity.
This weekend I spent many hours on this forum, searching for what I want to do to it. To date, I have ordered a Curt hitch, and Weathertech floor and cargo liners.
Can't wait to get it, gonna be tough when the accessories arrive with no car !!
Kevin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Kevin and welcome!

I ordered a silver LTZ with options I couldn't find on any lot three weeks ago (4/22), so I'm just a couple weeks ahead of you in the GM production queue. My status just updated on camarotracking today to 3000 with a TPW of 6/7/2010. Based on other peoples' experiences I've read about in this forum, I'm guessing (hoping) to take delivery before July 1st, but wouldn't expect it until 6/20 at the earliest. My dealer did not use an allocation space for my order until a week after I ordered it, so I lost one week there. You should make sure your dealer is indeed using one of their allocations immediately, especially since it is coming up on the end of the production year soon.

I'm waiting til i get the car before buying any accessories. I have this paranoid fear that the dealership will sell the car out from under me to someone offering more!

BTW, did you take advantage of the credit union member supplier pricing? It saved me over $1000 and they weren't negotiating price otherwise.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maryland !!!

FYI, I'm in Vermont.

I don't have a production order number yet, I just emailed my dealer this morning and asked for it.

I did do the Credit Union price, however no dealer around here would accept it, which really pissed me off, BTW. They are felt like they were doing me a favor selling me a car.

I'm going full bore on the accessories, looking at chrome handles and mud guards now...

Debating on the bug shield/molded hood protector, as it appears to not go the full width across the front due to the headlights.

Kevin

·
Registered
35 Posts
Fellow Vermonter here...

Just picked up our 2010 Terrain last Tuesday...took about 6 weeks for us to get it from time of order. Dealer was straight forward with us on everything and used one of their allocations to place our order.
We've been doing business with them for years, faithful Pontiac buyers up until now and still would be...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dave-

Thanks for the welcome !

I went thru Cody Chevy in Barre, I will ask about the allocation.

Kevin

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the Terrain.

It's nice to hear of someone else that has a dealership that treats them well so they will be repeat customers. Our local GM dealership is one of the "all badges" ones and we've bought Chevys, Pontiacs, an Oldsmobile and a GMC from them. They're very fair and good to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts