GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to walk out of the dealer during negotiations to get the deal done, but I'm the proud new owner of a base LS (for what I think is a shockingly good price). It was built in May '11 at Cami, not far from my home town of London, ON (I gather all nox's are made there... when i was a kid, I recall it being a Suzuki plant or something...) Anyway, I picked it up near LA which is where I work now. The only option it has is bluetooth. However, this nox has more gadgets and features that my loaded 7 year old Audi S4. We were just looking for some basic family transportation and the wife preferred the base Nox to everything else we tried including a Rav4, Cr-V, Tucson and Forrester. When comparing all the base models, the others are pretty much in the same price ballpark, but they've been pretty much stripped clean of any options. With the Nox we still get real alloy wheels, a killer interior, cruise, bluetooth, XM, On-star, a moveable rear seat and better gas mileage to boot. The others better step up their games, because Chevy's back.

Anyway... So the sales guy noticed that right off the bat during the orientation that the center compartment spring is shot. This is a car with all of 14 miles on it. He said, no problem, just bring it into any dealer and they'll take care of it. I take it this will be covered under warranty no question, right? I didn't get anything in writing, so I guess it could be my bad if the basic warranty doesn't cover it. Anyway, I was reading the forum here and it sounds like this is not uncommon to go after some time on the 2010s, but pretty much has been resolved (with a redesign?) on the 2011s...

Is there any way I could or should be trying to fix this myself? I imagine I could pop the two screws out and try to hook the spring back into place or something, if that's what's wrong, as i don't really want to deal with the hassle of a service appointment the first few days of owning the car. Anyway, not a huge deal, but the car's new enough that it kind of bugs me to just leave it broken.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
A brand new car shouldn't have anything broken on it...someone tried to lift the console lid without hitting the button. It should have been fixed before you ever drove off the lot, as in while you were signing the paperwork.

But anyway, congrats and enjoy! Sounds like you looked at many of the same vehicles that I did and came to the same conclusion. All of them had things that I liked...but the Nox is the only one that really stood out from the pack. I ended up getting an 2LT because I wanted leather, power liftgate, upgraded stereo etc....but I did look at an LS and noticed that it had a few more standard features than the competition's base models, and hardly felt like a stripped down car..

·
Registered
949 Posts
I've seen someone else a while back, on this thread, have the same thing happen. I'm pretty sure it was covered under warranty. I remember that person said that once they fixed it, it broke again after a few weeks, not sure how it broke, but I guess just keep it in mind.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It's a warranty item. Any Chevy dealer should fix it, no questions asked. The bumper to bumper warranty is pretty comprehensive only not covering wear items like tires which have their own, separate warranty. Good luck with your new Equinox. We love ours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts