GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any probles going through a car wash with the larger one?

·
Registered
241 Posts
SCBEARSFAN said:
Has anyone had any probles going through a car wash with the larger one?
I only use the touchless car washes (Laser wash) and have had no problems with mine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I broke mine going into my garage a few months ago and I haven't replaced yet. I'm looking for a small option instead the long anthena

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that if we can't wash it ourselves our neighbor has a hand car wash side job we'll ask him to to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Re: New OnStar Antena & Automatic Car Washes

Is it hard to.change to small one? Any links or pic of what you used?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts

I changed mine. It was ready trio just unscrew and put new one on. So far it seems to get good reception. I got mine from craven speed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Would you have the part number for the antenna or how do I find a place to get the antenna. How much was the part and how easy was it to install. Have you noticed any difference in Onstar since you put the short one on?

·
Registered
65 Posts

If you goto stubbyantenna.com or cravenspeed.com. The antenna was19.95 and I have no difference in reception on fm or xm. Unscrew the old one counter clockwise, screw the new one in clockwise. Super easy.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Also no difference in onstar. Although I think the antenna for that is in the base of the antenna mount

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Beagleman said:
Would you have the part number for the antenna or how do I find a place to get the antenna. How much was the part and how easy was it to install. Have you noticed any difference in Onstar since you put the short one on?
Were you able to find the part number? Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
55 Posts
GM Customer Svc said:
Were you able to find the part number? Please feel free to contact me if you need further assistance. Thank you.

No i haven't been able to find the part. I could use your help!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to help. Please contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN and I will be able to look into this for you. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Dd said:
If you goto stubbyantenna.com or cravenspeed.com. The antenna was19.95 and I have no difference in reception on fm or xm. Unscrew the old one counter clockwise, screw the new one in clockwise. Super easy.
At cravenspeed.com http://www.cravenspeed.com/products/The-Stubby-Antenna.html there is a drop-down list for make/model of car. For the Chevy Equinox (2010-2012) they're sku: CRCH-0015-5 for $24.99.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts