GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I'm new to the Chevy and Equinox families and thought I'd post a note and some questions about the car. So far I like the car, can't really say love yet because there are some disappointing features that have reared their head after a few weeks of driving. But, all in all I'm slowly getting used to the vehicle. I've never owned a chevy, let alone an American engineered vehicle so this is a change of pace for me. I'm hoping to get some help on a few questions from the many experts out there!!! Thanks for you time and help in advance.

Firstly I'm looking for info on the BLINGLIGHTS.COM site. I'm thinking of picking up their version of the nox fog lights and I wonder if anyone has an experience with this product and business they are willing to share. Could you post pics?

blinglights.org/products/2010-2011-Chevrolet-Equinox-Xenon-Fog-Lamps-Driving-Lights-Kit-Chevy-foglamps-ls-1lt-2lt-ltz.html

Second, should I wait for GM to issue a fog light kit or is a kit not going to happen in the foreseeable future? It seems like the vehicle (LT1 4cyl AWD) has no "blanks" for additional accessories like fogs so I wonder where a kit would place the switch.

Last, will it get more "zippy" as it breaks in? I'm very disappointed with the merge and take off from a light power. When test driving, it felt different than now, almost feels as thought it got much "revvier" over the weeks. I gas it and it seems to rev rather than go.

Thanks again for your time, expertise and answers. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!!!

Omegaman

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
GM is never going to issue a foglight kit unless they start wiring the LS/1LT from the factory (and adding a space for a switch) so dealerships can add them later. Their way of thinking is that if you really want foglights you'll spend the extra (much more than cost of fogs alone) to move up to a 2LT or LTZ. Having said that, you can buy the same foglight bezel that is used at the factory, and then buy and wire up the actual lights separately. In other words, no matter which way you go, the wiring/switch will have to be added...so why not go with factory originals instead of something that may not be the same quality?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts