GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just signed up here but have lurked a bit over the past year. got my new 2018 Terrain with 2.0 turbo Jan-26-2018. now its almost a year later and it has 30,000km or 18,600miles on it and i feel i know it quite well. so here's what i think...

-mileage, i commute 100km/60 miles to and from work every day. i average 9 L/100km or 26 mpg, that's including all my driving city and highway. I have only ever and will only ever put regular fuel in, no premium. i do not care or want to know what the dealer says about that.

-still on original goodyear weather ready all season tires and they are wearing well, the cars a bit noisy inside (road noise) but i attribute that to these tires.

-interior and exterior fit, finish and corrosion resistance are good. there's a tonne of winter sand/salt used on roads here and the car shows no signs of corrosion. (i did not get the undercoat package or paint protection) but i do keep it fairly clean

-rear hatch does not go high enough when open and i often hit my head on it... I HATE THAT! i am only 6ft tall. i have looked into modifying it but that looks to be an in depth process and ill sell it first.

-my biggest complaint is the infotainment system issues that have been mentioned elsewhere. comes on and off on its own, doesn't work sometimes, blank screen, those little red lines that show u where your turning on the back up camera aren't always there (yes i know they can be turned on/off but i didn't turn them off).

-heated seats are plenty warm even at -20 deg C/-4 F

-id never get an all black interior again, shows every spec or dirt dust. i wish i had got the leather package as well since the 3 year old gets things fairly dirty.

-i rarely open the gigantic glass roof and would not pay for that option again. also does anyone know the max weight limit for roof racks when used with the big sunroof? i know the manual says that 100kg or 220lbs is the limit on a rack but the pictures shown in the manual show no sunroof.

well thats all i have for now

cheers
Trenton

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Fatnlow;277459 -rear hatch does not go high enough when open and i often hit my head on it... I HATE THAT! i am only 6ft tall. i have looked into modifying it but that looks to be an in depth process and ill sell it first. [/QUOTE said:
Are you sure that you hatch isn't programmed for an intermediate position. I am 6' 2", and have never hit my head on mine. When it is open to the full open position, see if you can push it up higher. If you can, then it is set for an intermediate position and can easily be re-programmed to open to the full open position.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experiences. Hope you have many more trouble free miles...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What RIT333 said about the rear hatch. We have ours set to 3/4 because when we pull into the center of our garage we have a steel flange the will damage the liftgate if it's set to full.

Reactions: bigb12359
1 - 4 of 4 Posts