GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snagged up a 2020 Terrain yesterday. Traded my 2017 Malibu in for it. With Illinois’ new trade in tax taking effect in January and the fact that my local dealer had a SLE2 marked down to $24,835 by mistake(supposed be 26,500 or so); I took advantage of that pricing.

So far I’m really enjoying it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Trade-in tax?

Tom

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Wow, glad we moved down to SC. Not only is our tax $500 (up from $300) but our gas tax is fairly low too.
Googled the trade in tax, any trade in over $10,000 is taxed, could hurt buyers who trade in every few years. Don’t know how it would affect lease returns.

Reactions: DirtyAndy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, glad we moved down to SC. Not only is our tax $500 (up from $300) but our gas tax is fairly low too.

Googled the trade in tax, any trade in over $10,000 is taxed, could hurt buyers who trade in every few years. Don’t know how it would affect lease returns.

Yea. It’s a pretty raw deal, but that’s what happens when the population votes in a crooked Democrat. It’s gonna jack up the car markets I’m sure.

Oddly enough, the gas tax hasn’t really affected gas prices in my area. So, clearly they were selling gas at a higher price than was necessary.

Also not sure how it affects lease returns.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

Yea. It’s a pretty raw deal, but that’s what happens when the population votes in a crooked Democrat. It’s gonna jack up the car markets I’m sure.

Oddly enough, the gas tax hasn’t really affected gas prices in my area. So, clearly they were selling gas at a higher price than was necessary.

Also not sure how it affects lease returns.
There are two Republican bills - filed in September to repeal the new trade-in tax before it takes effect, but that might just be grandstanding.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Trade-in tax! Are you serious!? This is almost as bad as the death tax! And I thought we in Quebec are the masters of taxation. Quick delete your post before someone from my provincial government buys a Terrain or Equinox, joins this forum and sees this. :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wonder how it affects you if you buy it in a neighboring state. I know you would still have to pay Illinois sales tax but I bet they could hide the trade in from Illinois somehow when you go get your plates.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you find the terrain to be loud while driving? Seems like all the bumps and cracks in the road make enhanced noises in this car. Like a big thud that echoes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you find the terrain to be loud while driving? Seems like all the bumps and cracks in the road make enhanced noises in this car. Like a big thud that echoes.

Not really. Not any louder than any other vehicle I’ve ever driven. But I know what you’re saying. That’s how my 2017 Malibu felt. Although it’s almost to be expected in a SUV that is in the $25-30k range brand new. If it cost as much as a Yukon/Tahoe I’d burn the dealership down.

Of course, here in Illinois there isn’t a smooth or quiet road to be found. And a lot of road noise comes from the type of asphalt. So far though, my Terrain has been pretty pleasant to drive(4k miles).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Not really. Not any louder than any other vehicle I’ve ever driven. But I know what you’re saying. That’s how my 2017 Malibu felt. Although it’s almost to be expected in a SUV that is in the $25-30k range brand new. If it cost as much as a Yukon/Tahoe I’d burn the dealership down.

Of course, here in Illinois there isn’t a smooth or quiet road to be found. And a lot of road noise comes from the type of asphalt. So far though, my Terrain has been pretty pleasant to drive(4k miles).
What part of our wonderful (tax crazy) state do you live in?

Quad Cities region here.

·
Registered
511 Posts
La Salle/Peru is probably the most recognizable area near me.
Yes, I'm familiar with the area; about 60 miles east from me along I-80. I just got a license renewal for my Silverado yesterday; our "lovely" state now wants $150.00 to operate it another year! :surprise:
If our tax dollars only went to where they are intended and not to the corrupt Chicago political machine. :mad:

Oh, getting back on topic: That's a nice looking Terrain and at a fair price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I'm familiar with the area; about 60 miles east from me along I-80. I just got a license renewal for my Silverado yesterday; our "lovely" state now wants $150.00 to operate it another year! :surprise:
If our tax dollars only went to where they are intended and not to the corrupt Chicago political machine. :mad:

Oh, getting back on topic: That's a nice looking Terrain and at a fair price.

Yea, lets not get started on the taxes. Lol. I’m pretty familiar with most of the state. I got family and friends in/near the QC.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Snagged up a 2020 Terrain yesterday. Traded my 2017 Malibu in for it. With Illinois’ new trade in tax taking effect in January and the fact that my local dealer had a SLE2 marked down to $24,835 by mistake(supposed be 26,500 or so); I took advantage of that pricing.

So far I’m really enjoying it!

Nice ride, Andy. I have a question for you. Please check your inbox.
Thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there a way to send personal messages on this site? Thanks
I don't know how to do it on a phone app since I don't use one, but on the desktop browser you can hover over the persons name (under their avatar). A popup will appear. In the lower right corner is a tab to send a message.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
With the phone app, you can click on the postet's name, and the ability to message becomes active.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts