GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

just made the deal this morning on our 2011 Equinox LT V6 AWD, go it in silver with the black interior.
Came with the Bluetooth package, Pioneer stereo, XM and the towing package.
We traded in a 2008 Rav4 V6 4wd base model for it. We really enjoyed it over the 3 years and 90000km's we had it for but over
the last year it's had over 12k in warranty repair done to it and now that it was close to its warranty ending we really didn't want to deal with it anymore.
We test drove a bunch of stuff and the Equinox seemed to be (1) the best bang for the buck out there (2) the quietest and most solid feeling CUV available.
I'll miss the hot rod power of the rav4 but i'm willing to trade that for much more comfort.
I'll get some pics up once we get it monday.

Alex

·
Registered
698 Posts
Congratulations!

Say, how do you like your Ecoboost F150?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Terrain said:
Congratulations!

i'll let you know when it gets here. Been on order since January 27th, it's schedule to be here early next week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've ordered a few goodies to go on it.
Weathertech Digital Fit mats and winter wheels and a Sirius Receiver (i won't do XM, coverage is lackluster around here and i need NAscar Sirius Radio!)
wheels:

what if should look like:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Congrats!! I think you'll really enjoy it.[/color]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice pick! As for the XM, did you know there's a "The Best of Sirius" package for XM customers. I use to have Sirius and when I got the 2005 Nox, it had XM. So I switched over and got the sirius package added. The Best of Sirius package does have NASCAR channels

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mbjr25 said:
Nice pick! As for the XM, did you know there's a "The Best of Sirius" package for XM customers. I use to have Sirius and when I got the 2005 Nox, it had XM. So I switched over and got the sirius package added. The Best of Sirius package does have NASCAR channels
we ran into that with my father's 2010 Tundra with XM - the best of sirius does not include Nascar radio in Canada. plus i really don't want a Sirius and XM subsciption as if ends up being nearly 35% more money per month instead of the second receiver on the existing Sirius account. Thankfuly my truck has sirius from the factory, no issue there. I wish GM did the same thing as Subaru does, when i got my WRX (2008) i could choose from either carriers, seems it has the proper equipment to make both work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like the ride Alex, I see you are getting new wheels, any chance you are selling the stock 18's? I have the 17" on my 2LT but like the 18" better. Let me know if you are getting rid of those or willing to trade!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
barhoc11 said:
I like the ride Alex, I see you are getting new wheels, any chance you are selling the stock 18's? I have the 17" on my 2LT but like the 18" better. Let me know if you are getting rid of those or willing to trade!
sorry, the 17's i'm buying are only winter wheels. I'm keeping the 18's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the wheels arrived, kinda too nice for winter IMO.

·
Registered
978 Posts
alexleblanc said:
...kinda too nice for winter...
LOL...do ya think?

I thought you were just going to get some plain ol "steelies" for winter...
those are SWEET !!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MOCHANOX said:
LOL...do ya think?

I thought you were just going to get some plain ol "steelies" for winter...
those are SWEET !!!
i tend to go overboard.

this is what i got for the winter setup on my truck:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Terrain said:
Congratulations!

well, it just got here yesterday, i'm taking delivery of it this friday. The dealer let me take it out before it was even PDI'ed for testdrive. I love this thing, can't wait to pile some miles on it this weekend.

crummy cell phone pic:

·
Registered
698 Posts
alexleblanc said:
well, it just got here yesterday, i'm taking delivery of it this friday. The dealer let me take it out before it was even PDI'ed for testdrive. I love this thing, can't wait to pile some miles on it this weekend.

crummy cell phone pic:
Ooooh nice. Slightly disappointed with the blacked-out grille though. I guess body coloured would have been too much white. Looks like a full load of options too and love the wheels.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Terrain said:
Ooooh nice. Slightly disappointed with the blacked-out grille though. I guess body coloured would have been too much white. Looks like a full load of options too and love the wheels.
yeah, the non-chrome is my favorite part of the FX4 package, i'm a big fan of the monotone color scheme with black accents. It's pretty much got every option that you can put on an FX4 except for remote start, Sony audio with Nav and the bed steps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got to take some photo's last night when i got home:

·
Registered
1 Posts
alexleblanc said:
i've ordered a few goodies to go on it.
Weathertech Digital Fit mats and winter wheels and a Sirius Receiver (i won't do XM, coverage is lackluster around here and i need NAscar Sirius Radio!)

How did you manage to do the Sirius Receiver? Did you go with an external sat unit? I was hoping there was a converter, I really don't want to go the external unit route.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts