GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

New Member here. 2019 GMC Terrain Diesel SLT

8K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  gym_carrey 
#1 ·
We Love our Terrain Diesel. Just put on KO2 All Terrains. I have looked, but I have not found any lifts yet for this vehicle. is no one making a lift for these? Not really needed, as the BFG KO2 255-55-18 are pretty much same size as the stock Michelin's were.

See less See more
#2 ·
There is an Australian company that makes lift springs. I think they lift it like .5-.7 inches. No other lifts are out. I’ve bugged Ready Lift a few times and keep getting told there has been no demand for one but I call BS. I mean they have a Kia Sportage kit, surely there is a bigger market for the Terrain and Equinox than the Kia. I suspect the Kia one shared some components with another vehicle. Send them an e-mail asking when a kit will be available. If enough people ask they may develop one

#5 ·
Ride quality is Good. I figured it would be a little rougher, but Actually it feels smoother or better going over bumps. It seems to handle better with the firmer tires compared to stock.
The reason I didn't go bigger was the lack of lifts. not that I would have gone much bigger anyway.

#4 ·
Looks awesome. I actually have a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails coming later this week. I'm surprised the 255 wide tire fit on the stock rim. Any fitment issues? How much has handling changed with adding that much unsprung wheel weight considering you added almost 17 pounds to each wheel?

#6 · (Edited)
Thank you. I run the BFG's on my Silverado. My wife likes the looks of them, and wanted something something more aggressive on the Terrain since we do a lot of back road traveling. We looked at several different brands, like the new Toyo All terrains, the Falkens, goodyear, etc.... she kept going back to the BFG's. but the smallest size they have in 18" was the 255-55-18. I checked with tire comparison and the 255's are only .4" larger in diameter, and 1.1" wider. Not a lot of difference. So, I ordered them, they mounted one on the front, and it cleared everything. mounted the other 3 and we are very pleased with them.
Handling has Improved as far as cornering and everyday driving. we Did lose on average of 1.5 mpg. NOT a deal breaker with the Diesel for us.
Over all, we are more than Satisfied with the BFG's.

Post a Photo of your Terrain when you get the Falkens mounted.

#7 ·
I considered going with the 255/55R18's with the Falkens but was unsure if they would clear the spring mount since it was almost an inch larger diameter compared to stock 235/50R19's. Plus the WildPeaks are almost $45 cheaper per tire. Also the WildPeaks come with a 65,000 mile warranty.

Can you get a pic of how close the tire is to the spring mount in the fronts.

#13 · (Edited)
Yes, we are still running them, and we Love them. MPG actually went down about 3 mpg total (I think it's from my Wife's LEAD Foot LOL). But it's a Diesel so not a big deal. Went from 41 mpg to 38 mpg. Aftermarket wheels will look nice with these tires.

we have 32,000 miles on this terrain now and tires still looking good.

Post a Picture of yours when you get your tires and wheels

#17 ·
Looks Awesome.
I Love the black wheels also
Yeah, i guess there might be a little road noise, but I've never really paid attention to it. It's just something I'm use to I guess.
Thank you for posting the pictures. Again, it Looks Really Nice.

#19 ·
Sorry to revive this old thread. I’m planning something similar with my new terrain. Since i got it with the elevation pack, i’ve got the 19” rims with 235/55/19 on them.

I’m planning to get A/T tires because of crappy, patched up roads around here. When I looked at 19” there’s not a lot but only Toyo open country with specs: 255/55/19

The other option i have is to mount 18” rims with something similar. I have a set of ESR RF15’s with 18x9.5 and 18x10.5
Problem is, you would need an adapter because the bolt pattern is 5x120 with 72.56 bore (bmw specs).
I did some digging on tire rack and found out the wheels would be too wide. That’s a big no no for me. Not a fan of protruding wheels. When you factor in that the adapter would be either 1” or 1.25”, that’ll make this setup just too wide for a terrain.

what would you guys recommend?
Many thanks!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.