GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We Love our Terrain Diesel. Just put on KO2 All Terrains. I have looked, but I have not found any lifts yet for this vehicle. is no one making a lift for these? Not really needed, as the BFG KO2 255-55-18 are pretty much same size as the stock Michelin's were.

·
Registered
182 Posts
There is an Australian company that makes lift springs. I think they lift it like .5-.7 inches. No other lifts are out. I’ve bugged Ready Lift a few times and keep getting told there has been no demand for one but I call BS. I mean they have a Kia Sportage kit, surely there is a bigger market for the Terrain and Equinox than the Kia. I suspect the Kia one shared some components with another vehicle. Send them an e-mail asking when a kit will be available. If enough people ask they may develop one

·
Registered
182 Posts
We Love our Terrain Diesel. Just put on KO2 All Terrains. I have looked, but I have not found any lifts yet for this vehicle. is no one making a lift for these? Not really needed, as the BFG KO2 255-55-18 are pretty much same size as the stock Michelin's were. View attachment 16846
How is the ride quality of the BFG’s compared to stock? Any reason you didn’t go bigger?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks awesome. I actually have a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails coming later this week. I'm surprised the 255 wide tire fit on the stock rim. Any fitment issues? How much has handling changed with adding that much unsprung wheel weight considering you added almost 17 pounds to each wheel?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the ride quality of the BFG’s compared to stock? Any reason you didn’t go bigger?
Ride quality is Good. I figured it would be a little rougher, but Actually it feels smoother or better going over bumps. It seems to handle better with the firmer tires compared to stock.
The reason I didn't go bigger was the lack of lifts. not that I would have gone much bigger anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks awesome. I actually have a set of Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails coming later this week. I'm surprised the 255 wide tire fit on the stock rim. Any fitment issues? How much has handling changed with adding that much unsprung wheel weight considering you added almost 17 pounds to each wheel?
Thank you. I run the BFG's on my Silverado. My wife likes the looks of them, and wanted something something more aggressive on the Terrain since we do a lot of back road traveling. We looked at several different brands, like the new Toyo All terrains, the Falkens, goodyear, etc.... she kept going back to the BFG's. but the smallest size they have in 18" was the 255-55-18. I checked with tire comparison and the 255's are only .4" larger in diameter, and 1.1" wider. Not a lot of difference. So, I ordered them, they mounted one on the front, and it cleared everything. mounted the other 3 and we are very pleased with them.
Handling has Improved as far as cornering and everyday driving. we Did lose on average of 1.5 mpg. NOT a deal breaker with the Diesel for us.
Over all, we are more than Satisfied with the BFG's.

Post a Photo of your Terrain when you get the Falkens mounted.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I considered going with the 255/55R18's with the Falkens but was unsure if they would clear the spring mount since it was almost an inch larger diameter compared to stock 235/50R19's. Plus the WildPeaks are almost $45 cheaper per tire. Also the WildPeaks come with a 65,000 mile warranty.

Can you get a pic of how close the tire is to the spring mount in the fronts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, you've got to remember to Divide everything in half, as you split that 1 inch between top and bottom of wheel. same with width.

not a lot of room, but almost the same as stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purchased and installed a Vanguard Bull Bar for the wife's 2019 Terrain. We Like the look of it, even though it probably won't provide any protection, it just adds to the looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts