GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My wife and I purchased a 2017 Terrain SLE-1 that's just off its lease. I haven't had a car since the '92 Ford Festiva I drove in college, so this is a massive upgrade. :D

We're considering adding a Jet mass air flow sensor and K&M cold air intake but don't want to fail the emissions inspection, so we'll see. . .

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hello! My wife and I purchased a 2017 Terrain SLE-1 that's just off its lease. I haven't had a car since the '92 Ford Festiva I drove in college, so this is a massive upgrade. :D

We're considering adding a Jet mass air flow sensor and K&M cold air intake but don't want to fail the emissions inspection, so we'll see. . .

View attachment 17595
If you use coupon code MELTON at the Jetchip website, you can save 25% on the mass air flow sensor.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Jet stuff its junk. Been there in the past.
Cold air, save your money as you already have cold air with the stock airbox, besides those ''high flow'' filters let junk into the engine. OK for racing but long term bad for daily drivers.
Trifecta tune would be the most bang for the buck. You also get a transmission tune with the package. No need for MAF changes and the Trifecta will pass state inspections. My Trifecta tuned '15 Malibu sailed right through NJ state inspection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jet stuff its junk. Been there in the past.
Cold air, save your money as you already have cold air with the stock airbox, besides those ''high flow'' filters let junk into the engine. OK for racing but long term bad for daily drivers.
Trifecta tune would be the most bang for the buck. You also get a transmission tune with the package. No need for MAF changes and the Trifecta will pass state inspections. My Trifecta tuned '15 Malibu sailed right through NJ state inspection.
I had never heard of this, but if I understand correctly, you basically buy a flash loader cable and run a software upgrade that tunes the car? That sounds amazing--how likely is it that I'd brick the car's computer in the process?

Which motor?
2.4L Flex Fuel 4-banger. . .

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had never heard of this, but if I understand correctly, you basically buy a flash loader cable and run a software upgrade that tunes the car? That sounds amazing--how likely is it that I'd brick the car's computer in the process?

2.4L Flex Fuel 4-banger. . .
I’ve got an IPF tune. As long as you follow the directions on how to load the tune AND make sure your battery isn’t dying, you shouldn’t brick the computer...

Reactions: Quonk

·
Registered
935 Posts
Yep, like BD said good charged battery in the car and the Trifecta loaded into my '15 Malibu 2.5 with zero issues from my laptop. They supplied the cable. Plus it had the option to kill the AutoStop which I despise.
Trifecta also as a transparency option so system doesn't see it in there.
Trifecta stores the original tune also so it can be put back in.
No issues with state inspection here in NJ as are cars are Cali. emission's like NY.

Reactions: Quonk
1 - 10 of 10 Posts