GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tint looks killer, wheels are pretty wild..

Where did you get the drop springs ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Tint almost always brings the look up a notch in that vehicle colour and your wheels definitely get your attention.

·
Registered
209 Posts
These transmissions already are prone to issues. I dont think the 22s will help.
To the OP I like the tint and ride height, did it hurt the ride quality?

Whats the issues with the transmissions??

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Ahhhh .... I could see where the wheels might work in certain cases ....

... would a coffin fit in the back of that?

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Ahhhh .... I could see where the wheels might work in certain cases ....

... would a coffin fit in the back of that?

I'd be concerned that they would bring the customer back to life !

On the other hand, these could probably work well for a hypnotist.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I'd be concerned that they would bring the customer back to life !

On the other hand, these could probably work well for a hypnotist.

I was waiting for a reply like that .. . .and Colthero's.

You Guyz . . what are ya? "Old" or sumpin'? LOL

:grin:

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I was waiting for a reply like that .. . .and Colthero's.

You Guyz . . what are ya? "Old" or sumpin'? LOL

:grin:

Just not my style ! Now half-moons would really look "cool". LOL

My son had factory black-chrome rims on his Infiniti, and he plasti-coated them with flat black. When he asked my how I liked them, I told him - "looks like the weather is nice today". Again, not my style.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
For me, a black wheel reminds me of when you couldn't afford hubcaps (i.e. wheel covers) . Although, then I used to borrow my Father's car, sometimes I would remove the hubcaps to look cool. Best time was when I took off the air cleaner lid to hear the whoosh of air into the 4-Bbl. I forgot to replace it before coming home. The next day he was wondering what was wrong with the car because it sounded different. ...whoops ! ('65 Grand Prix with 389/325 HP - very nice ! Won many a street race with it - and don't think I ever lost. Grew up in a poor part of town.)

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
For me, a black wheel reminds me of when you couldn't afford hubcaps (i.e. wheel covers) . Although, then I used to borrow my Father's car, sometimes I would remove the hubcaps to look cool. Best time was when I took off the air cleaner lid to hear the whoosh of air into the 4-Bbl. I forgot to replace it before coming home. The next day he was wondering what was wrong with the car because it sounded different. ...whoops ! ('65 Grand Prix with 389/325 HP - very nice ! Won many a street race with it - and don't think I ever lost. Grew up in a poor part of town.)
One of my friends up the block from me . . . his dad always bought Pontiac Bonnevilles. It also had the 389 in it and he would get to "park the car" so it wasn't left out in the driveway.

I'd hop in, he would drive around the corner, stop, pop the hood and have me invert the air cleaner lid. Then we would cruise for 30 or 40 minutes (it was a long way around the "block"). It was always a kick when he was at a traffic light stop and first in line next to anyone. waoo-o-o-o-o-h ! And sometimes peel the tires.

One time, we were out on a suburb street with little homes on it but it had a series of small but exciting short whoop-dee-doo hills on it. So he would get cheap thrills like a roller coaster ride. Well . . . he got up a little too much speed and after shooting up one of the larger hills the Bonny went airborne. Wasn't too bad, but it "tested " the suspension pretty well. We had no idea we were pioneers even before Steve Mcqueen did his stunts in "Bullet".

https://youtu.be/no7XR7s8Z7o?t=118

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I beat a friend's (parent's) Bonney, but it was a '64, so it "only" had 303 HP. I beat him pretty easily. Without traction control (whoops, positraction) my friends would just mash the pedal and sit n spin, and I had a light foot, so I would walk past them, and then mash it. Ah, the good old days.

Best time was in a friend's '65 Mustang with the 289 Hi-Po engine. It had 271 HP, but must have been underrated, cuz we could beat 64-65 GTOs, until the SS396 shut everyone down, until the 4 cyl. Honda Bikes started racing. Lights out to all cars. As I recall they were 650 CCs ?

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a set of 22s, kilis wheels from my Camaro, was telling wife, we could put those on, she was like, ya, that would look cool. Until I told her she would probably get 10mpg, those wheels are so heavy, made my Camaro 6.2 get 12mpg, went to light 20s and getting 20mpg with full bolt on tuned car.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I have a set of 22s, kilis wheels from my Camaro, was telling wife, we could put those on, she was like, ya, that would look cool. Until I told her she would probably get 10mpg, those wheels are so heavy, made my Camaro 6.2 get 12mpg, went to light 20s and getting 20mpg with full bolt on tuned car.

Wow, wheel weight made that much of a difference. The 22s must have had cinder blocks attached to them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts