GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time poster, long (not really) time listener. I just secured a lease for a new SLE-1 Terrain. I think the value is pretty good, a lot of features even in the base model. I don't have the finances to justify in dash Nav, better wheels, roof rack, premium cloth/leather seats, or any of that stuff. I'm quite amazed the quality that goes into the base model. So what the hell, right?

Anyways long story short. I signed a lease for a silver base model and think I did a pretty good job. The reason behind this post is to help any future lessees. I've been watching the Terrain's debut since last year and was intrigued. It fit the style and functionality I was looking for in a car. If you haven't noticed, there is a special going on for Terrain leases via gmc.com website. It's a low mileage lease for $329/mo with roughly $2100 down. Pretty good deal imo if it fits your lifestyle. I went into the dealership and they had no idea it existed. They provided $400/mo payments at first and I pointed out that I wanted the deal on the GMC page. Hours went by as the sales guys tried to figure it out.

They finally got the sales manager involved who called GMAC to figure it out because no matter what numbers they ran they could never get the price down that low. Here's the deal, that specific deal (and the Acadia that's running right now) are through US Bank. When it says "well qualified buyers," they mean it. You need a credit score of over 750 to get approved for that special. In my circumstance that was out the window. So back to square one.

Luckily, I have the Employee pricing since my father worked for GM. Added onto that I was turning in a G6 which they gave me 750 for that Pontiac. The normal dealership deal for Terrains is $399/mo, $2,000 down for 39 months - 10K/yr miles. With the two incentives I drove that price down to $351/mo with $2,700 down.

In my situation it worked since I was getting a really nice base model that had enough trinkets to satisfy my geeky edge. The monthly cost is pretty low as well so I can't really complain. But make sure when you go into the dealership you are armed with the specials and numbers because you'll find that little research on your end might spin heads at the dealership.

**one side note. When I was inquiring about that gmc.com special for $329/mo, the salesmen said that they factored GM supplier discount into that deal, although it doesn't state that anywhere in the fine print. Like I said before, make sure you arm yourself with every bit of info to counter what they say and you'll walk away with knowing you did the best you could negotiating.

Good luck all and thanks to whoever made this forum.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Thats not bad at all.

Sometimes leases are cheaper and sometimes they are equal. Ive got to say this is one of the latter.

Our SLE2 is going to be about $390 a month with less down.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
bballr4567 said:
Thats not bad at all.

Sometimes leases are cheaper and sometimes they are equal. Ive got to say this is one of the latter.

After some shopping and some luck I got a good deal on my Terrain SLT-1.

I pay $529/mo for 12k/39mo lease. I just brought a pen when I picked up car.

That includes 8.625% sales tax in payment and $1100 in Acadia payments. Had $2k in card earnings and $1k conquest. In the end, I got the car for almost $2k under invoice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bballr4567 said:
Thats not bad at all.

That's a good deal indeed. I really had to convince myself that the luggage rack and premium cloth seating didn't justify over $1K more. But dang it looks really good!

Just for discussion sake, I looked at my driving habits and leases seem more fitting for me. My G6 that I'm trading in has 21K miles on it at 38 months. So, I think it makes sense for me since I will never likely go over miles and get a new car every 3 years. I won't have to worry about warranties except for the 3 months at the end of the lease.

It also seems that Terrains are hard to find, yet the dealer I'm going through had several available and more were coming in. I called my old dealership in Michigan and they can hardly get them in. It's strange how lopsided shipments are to dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question guys. Where exactly is the auxiliary jack located? I found the USB port in the middle console but can't find the aux jack. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

Picked up my SLE-1 base Terrain on Friday the 19th. I'm pleasantly surprised overall but naturally have a few minor issues. I've driven it about 100 miles in the past 3 days and I'm averaging about 25mpg city/highway in eco mode. I tried normal transmission and there was a slight difference with the gear timing, a better smoother ride imo. I also noticed that if I am braking into a turn, then switch to the gas coming out the transmission slips into gear with a jolt. It seems to happen every time and is noticeable but not to the point it's annoying. I think overall the transmission isn't smooth like my G6 was, but of course I chalk this up to being a completely different type of vehicle.

Over the course of ~3 years with my G6, I averaged around 19mpg city/highway so if the 25mpg I am getting now is any indication then I'm quite happy. Although, it would be nice to get that number higher since I've changed my driving habits dramatically. I'm actually curious to know what mpg I could get with my old G6 with my new driving style, but I shouldn't dwell on minor things.

I also noticed a vibration/rattle sound coming from the structural separator between driver and rear passenger door. Not sure technically what that support beam is called. Depending on the bass level and frequency it can get quite nasty so if i continues I might get that checked out, nothing major.

Overall, I get excited getting into the Terrain and it's nice seeing it at work in the parking garage. I've already gotten some nice remarks! I was thinking about posting some pics of it but who wants to see a base SLE-1? :D

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I have a FWD 4-cyl and I have not experienced the tranny issues that you describe. I would keep an eye on it, and call the service dept. at your next opportunity.

Ditto for the vibration you describe.

Try the Search function to see if anyone els has hese complaints, but I don't recall anyone.

Enjoy the ride !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts