GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just purchased our '11 LT1 Equinox last Thursday. She had a 2006 Altima until it was totaled out when a lady pulled out in front of her nearly 4 weeks ago. We drove most everything on the market and kept coming back to the 'Nox. They are selling really fast here in East TN. Usually if we would go back and look at one the next day, it would be gone. The one we purchased was ordered for stock at the dealer, but hadn't arrived yet. We signed the papers, but they put a clause in the sales contract that we did not have to accept the vehicle if it didn't meet our expectations for whatever reason. Hopefully it will serve us well. Attached is a picture that we took at the dealership on the day we picked it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Congrats! I think you guys will like it, but it will be a completely different experience from the Altima. I went from a Mazda 6 to a Nox, and noticed that the 6 was a little better for around town (handling wise) but the Nox is a better highway cruiser, and also better for driving in wet/snowy conditions. You'll also find that the backseat is good for adult sized passengers, and not just for short hops around town.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, everyone. It is different from the Altima in many ways. One of the biggest reasons we purchased the Nox was the interior leg room and head room in addition to the features and good styling. The Altima was a good car overall, but it did have a few quality issues of its own like most cars do that were never fixed right under warranty. It lacked headroom for front and rear passengers, but it got good highway mileage (30-32 mpg).
I am just hoping that we don't have any issues with our 'Nox that I have been reading about the past couple of days (stalling, engine knock, and fuel in the engine oil). I'll just keep my eye on it and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
goldmist2011 said:
Thanks, everyone. It is different from the Altima in many ways. One of the biggest reasons we purchased the Nox was the interior leg room and head room in addition to the features and good styling. The Altima was a good car overall, but it did have a few quality issues of its own like most cars do that were never fixed right under warranty. It lacked headroom for front and rear passengers, but it got good highway mileage (30-32 mpg).
I am just hoping that we don't have any issues with our 'Nox that I have been reading about the past couple of days (stalling, engine knock, and fuel in the engine oil). I'll just keep my eye on it and hope for the best.
Reading any interent forum dedicated to specific makes/models is enough to scare you into believeing that every single car will have the problems you're reading about. Most car forums are about 50/50 with the first half people that are passionate about their car, and the other half those who registered only because they have some kind of issue.....both groups are a small percentage of the actual owners.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Love the color, congrats!

·
Registered
2 Posts
equinox2 said:
Love the color, congrats!
[/q[/color]uote]
I'm new to the forum. Has anyone had problems with their new car. What would some of you do different if you had to purchase it all over.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am also new here and from East TN. I stumbled upon the Equinox while looking at other smaller SUV/CUVs. I went to several other dealers (Honda, Toyota, Subaru, etc.) and no one seemed to even want to offer me a test drive. Apparently business must be too good. So I ended up going to the Chevy dealer because the GM card bumped up my earnings. Never thought I would buy another GM product, but fell for the Nox after test driving. I didn't see all the issues others were having until after I made my purchase and started looking at forums. I hope not to run into any of those issues myself. I am hoping the gas mileage improves, but it is a nice ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kraagh said:
I am also new here and from East TN. I stumbled upon the Equinox while looking at other smaller SUV/CUVs. I went to several other dealers (Honda, Toyota, Subaru, etc.) and no one seemed to even want to offer me a test drive. Apparently business must be too good. So I ended up going to the Chevy dealer because the GM card bumped up my earnings. Never thought I would buy another GM product, but fell for the Nox after test driving. I didn't see all the issues others were having until after I made my purchase and started looking at forums. I hope not to run into any of those issues myself. I am hoping the gas mileage improves, but it is a nice ride.
Which dealer did you buy from? We purchased our's at Tarr Chevy in Jefferson City. As of right now, we have 3,200 miles on it with no issues at all, no engine startup noise, stalling, or anything. Hopefully it stays that way. I plan on taking in to the dealer next week for it's first oil change. The build date on this car was 6/15/11, so maybe they had some of the issues sorted out by then. Time will tell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
goldmist2011 said:
Which dealer did you buy from? We purchased our's at Tarr Chevy in Jefferson City. As of right now, we have 3,200 miles on it with no issues at all, no engine startup noise, stalling, or anything. Hopefully it stays that way. I plan on taking in to the dealer next week for it's first oil change. The build date on this car was 6/15/11, so maybe they had some of the issues sorted out by then. Time will tell.
I am more northeast of you. I purchased mine at Champion Chevrolet in Johnson City. I have 2,400 miles on mine and so far have not had any issues either. I can't remember the exact build date of mine but I think it was also 6/11, so hopefully you are right about them getting some of the issues sorted out before we got ours. I took it to Pigeon Forge this week and got 27.6 mpg on the trip back. I thought that was pretty good. It only got 22 on the trip there and the crawling traffic in Sevierville/Pigeon Forge. I am going to stop by the dealer in the next few weeks and let them do a once over on it, they will do a check up after the first 30 days for free. May go ahead and get the oil changed at that time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Romain Buick Cadillac GMC in Evansville, IN. 2 dealers are closer but this one is my dealer of choice because they offer a lifetime powertrain warranty.

Current: 1999 Chevy Lumina
On order: 2012 Carbon Black GMC Terrain V6 AWD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts