GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, glad i found this site.

i have a 05 equinox with 104k on it.

i recently got a p0128 code, and i noticed my bottle was a bit low so i filled it and the cel is still on. now should this go off by itself or do i need to clear the code manually? also i noticed when taking the cap off of the bottle there was hardly any pressure, im not sure how much pressure it should have but the car was warmed up and i was able to get the cap off with no rag or anything. could this be throwing the code?

1 more thing, how hard is it to change the thermostat on these things?

Thanks in advance
kevin

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
What "bottle" are you referring to ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
R u talking about the radiator itself or the Radiator overflow tank reservoir???

And if its like any other vehicle I have changed out the thermostat is fairly easy. Follow the hose
running from the water pump to the thermostat housing, remove bolts, replace thermo and gasket (or add some rtv silicone)
and bolt it back up.

·
Registered
482 Posts
p0128 sounds familar. I believe it vehicle warming up to slowly, my guess would be stuck open T-stat.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
p0128 sounds familar. I believe it vehicle warming up to slowly, my guess would be stuck open T-stat.
p0128 is 'low temp engine coolant' its primary function is to detect a bad thermostat.
As long as you didn't get a P0125 along with it, as that is most likely a skewed ECT sensor.

·
Registered
441 Posts
just changed my thermo......threw a couple codes, and then a couple days later, no heat.....30 minutes of repair time and i had my new thermo inplace.....very easy fix....driver side of the engine block......remove the hose (coolant will leak/splash), and two bolts.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts