GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but let's just say, that I have access, for a decent price, an engine and auto trans, from an under 30K mile 2016 ATS-V. Would it be interesting to do the engine swap, and are there any shops out there with the balls to be Guinea pigs together and swpa into my 2014 Terrain Denali?

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
Yep, crazy idea all right ! I think it would cost you an arm and 2 legs. Better to buy a CTS-V Wagon, IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it would be the ultimate sleeper grocery getter, and it would be funny as hell to me, as a 43 year old, to dust some kid or anyone else in their sports car, with the Terrain. I have custom wound drop coils, that I have yet to put in, but I'm going to rock some 22's with spacers to give it a wider stance for summer and use the oem rims for my winter Nokians. With the K&N cold air intake, Jet throttle body, Powr-Flo mass air flow sensor, Turbosmart blow off valves, using a late 90s/00s Camaro muffler and some builder's parts from magnaflow, I can custom fab a cat-back, get a Trifecta tune, and probably be over 500HP in the thing. I can get that drive train cheap, so most would be labor. No one would expect that. Plus having AWD as opposed to the ATS being rear wheel, no problem hooking up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My wife blew off a kid in a old Camaro the other day in her 3.6 'nox when he tried to pass her in the right lane at a light. She rolled down the window at the next light and told him ''nice car'', he was surprised and asked what she had in it LOL. Can't beat that AWD holeshot and 300hp.
Maybe a Paxton supercharger is in order for it.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no superchargers or turbos that fit. Everything is setup for the non-transverse mounted engines. With the ATS-V setup, there isn't much that could touch it. Then I could reuse my old personalized plate from when I had my 800+ HP mustang (setup to look like an LX, badging, one tailpipe on the appropriate side, and exhaust cutouts), "8 UR VETT". Nothing makes me happier than ruining someone's day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had replaced my 3.0 engine with another 3.0 engine. But before I did that I had asked around about putting in the 3.6 but I was told that with modern cars it’s not that easy. With all the electrical components they told me if I really wanted to do it that I should buy a whole donor car. One day though when I have money burning a hole in my pocket I would love to put the meanest engine in there. I love my Equinox and I’ve had it since high school. The way I look at it, you don’t have to drive an Equinox, you get to drive an Equinox! Hope you pull the trigger and do something really cool!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts