GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I made the decision to purchase a 2011 Equinox today. We ended up getting a 2LT AWD 4cyl, convenience pkg, 18" wheels, sunroof, and leather. The seat memory, HID lights, and NAV options would have been nice but cost was a tough factor for us (and there weren't any LTZ models nearby anyhow).

Our local didn't have much in stock so they are pulling from another location. Hopefully, we'll have it either tomorrow or Monday. It was a tough decision as stock is limited (since most 2011's are gone) but we were able to narrow it down between 2 models (one shown above vs a 2LT AWD 6cyl, convenience pkg, 18 wheels, no sunroof, cloth. I really wanted the leather and was willing to sacrifice the 6cyl for a nicer interior.

We test drove a 1LT 6cyl FWD as well as a 1LT 4cyl AWD. Ride comfort on both was good and the cabin noise was minimal (much better than our 08' Mariner). Overall, we are pleased with the styling, comfort, price and great reviews.

Anyhow, looking forward to contributing in the forums and learning a lot about our new vehicle!

·
Registered
341 Posts
anthonyjd81 said:
My wife and I made the decision to purchase a 2011 Equinox today. We ended up getting a 2LT AWD 4cyl, convenience pkg, 18" wheels, sunroof, and leather. The seat memory, HID lights, and NAV options would have been nice but cost was a tough factor for us (and there weren't any LTZ models nearby anyhow).

Our local didn't have much in stock so they are pulling from another location. Hopefully, we'll have it either tomorrow or Monday. It was a tough decision as stock is limited (since most 2011's are gone) but we were able to narrow it down between 2 models (one shown above vs a 2LT AWD 6cyl, convenience pkg, 18 wheels, no sunroof, cloth. I really wanted the leather and was willing to sacrifice the 6cyl for a nicer interior.

We test drove a 1LT 6cyl FWD as well as a 1LT 4cyl AWD. Ride comfort on both was good and the cabin noise was minimal (much better than our 08' Mariner). Overall, we are pleased with the styling, comfort, price and great reviews.

Anyhow, looking forward to contributing in the forums and learning a lot about our new vehicle!
Welcome to the family :) Hope your new purchase is trouble-free and if not, we'll all be here for ya!

On another note, I was unaware an HID upgrade was an option on the NOX - interesting to know...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops, my mistake :-[

The Equinox does not have an HID option. I was confusing this with a couple other vehicles we were researching.

·
Registered
341 Posts
anthonyjd81 said:
Whoops, my mistake :-[

The Equinox does not have an HID option. I was confusing this with a couple other vehicles we were researching.
haha - I was about to take a little trip down to my dealership to inquire ;D

Thanks for clearing it up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts