GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of "Glare Professional Polish"? I learned about it via the internet and was wondering if anybody has used it? Take a look: http://www.glare.com/index.php

·
Registered
441 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gar187er said:
not that new.....some reviews are up about it...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/5328-glasssyn.html#post74460

doesnt seem like anything new.....no way it will last 5 years....ill stick with my wolfgang... :)
I called the manufacturer and discovered that they have an advanced formula sold to dealerships which has a warranty of 7 years without any re-application needed. I'm layering some different sealants and will top off with a wet mirror finish, some butter wax, and carnauba.

·
Registered
441 Posts
warranty? lol...id love to see the writing on that.....

·
Registered
635 Posts
wbassnp007 said:
I'm layering some different sealants and will top off with a wet mirror finish, some butter wax, and carnuba.
Sounds delicious!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roesterman said:
Sounds delicious!
Happy endings! It's a car day. Desert later on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the warranty covers rock chips, bugs that wont come off, minor scuffs, etc. as long as it's smaller than a credit card... i have the warranty... wasn't bad at all...

i'm pretty sure they use the same stuff i used to use when i was manager of the detail shop at a honda dealership.

i can't remember what it was called, but the demonstrator applied the wax on a new s2000, at the beginning of his demonstration, then took a black can of spraypaint, sprayed on the hood, continued his demonstration (took ab an hour) then at the end, wiped it off w/ a microfiber cloth

·
Registered
441 Posts
yes it is sold through honda dealers as well.....id love to do that paint test after a year of car washes and rain/salt on it....lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The manufacturer of Glare informed that they sell the same product to Honda, and the aviation industry who re-label the product with the Honda name or with a picture of an airplane. The proprietary ingredient is Glassplexin which is the key to the product's performance. My local Honda dealership was advertising Xzilon for a large amount of cash. I found the same product on e-bay for about $20.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the Glare Professional Polish. I'm happy with the shine and impressed with the product. Check out the same formulation with different labels for the best price if interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts