GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a new 2021 Chev Equinox and the oil remaining indicator is at 58% with 428 miles. We are concerned if there is a malfunction in the sensor or the computer chip. Or ….?. This vehicle came from another Chev dealership that was driven and was a dealer inventory trade. Anyone know or heard of this issue?.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
lots of idling, lots of short drives will lead to an oil life that drops quickly,
Also- dont be surprised if you hit 0% soon.... that is, the oil life monitor will hit 0%, the closer you get to 1 yr since the the previous oil change. (unless the OLM system has been tweakee again by GM)

Reactions: NXR71

·
Registered
404 Posts
What rbarrios said above, just use your free oil change soon with the added benefit of getting the factory cooties out.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I'll 3rd what garagerog and rbarrios said. Enjoy it and use the free oil change when it gets to 10%.
My '20 Traverse came from another dealer 100 miles away as we wanted a specific color and options and no issues.
Same thing with my old '07 Mustang GT coming from a out of state dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice cars but they have a bad history of mass oil consumption since 2011 there was a recall and repair on the engine seems like the olde issues are back count on putting a quart of oil in every 1000 miles. What do you want for $15,0000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts