GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up the 2019 Terrain SLT a couple weeks ago...white with the black package...2.0L Turbo....love th engine and the interior...nice comfy seats :)

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do not like stop/start...GM should have given me a button like the "eco" mode button in my Equinox...if you come to a gentle stop when braking I have learned the engine will not shut off...

·
Registered
3 Posts
do not like stop/start...GM should have given me a button like the "eco" mode button in my Equinox...if you come to a gentle stop when braking I have learned the engine will not shut off...

Yes I wish I could turn off the engine stop as well but I’m getting used to it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Very nice looking vehicle congrads!

We took delivery of our new premier nox on 12/26/18 and I agree auto stop NOT for me either.

I ordered the smartstartstop module but I am now wondering if it would had been just as easy or easier to teach my wife how to place the shifter in L9 mode? Here in mid west we frequently use the remote start for warm up and that option with installation of the new smart stop module requires us to turn the vehicle off here and restart it after a remote start for the new module to work correctly...that is if I understand all that I've read correctly :shrug:

My point is either way we must learn some new technique to disable the auto stop, the L9 option is free. I already made the purchase but if I were doing it over I prolly would had gone with free L9 method.

I for sure am not going to allow my new high $ vehicle to shut off with that frequency...just plain stupid not going to happen under my watch just my opinion.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congratulations on your new vehicle. We''ve had our Terrain for 2 weeks now and are really enjoying it.
We thought the start/stop would bug us but it seems to be a non issue for us.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations on your new vehicle. We''ve had our Terrain for 2 weeks now and are really enjoying it.
We thought the start/stop would bug us but it seems to be a non issue for us.
it's becoming less of an issue for us now that we have adjusted our driving to get it to not activate....but IMO nobody should have to adjust their driving...big mistake by GM to not let us have a choice (button)...

·
Registered
203 Posts
We have a choice on the Nox, place trans shifter into L and than push up arrow till dash shows L9 viola auto trans works just like it's in D and autostop is no more. I would think that GMC should be the same...

it's becoming less of an issue for us now that we have adjusted our driving to get it to not activate....but IMO nobody should have to adjust their driving...big mistake by GM to not let us have a choice (button)...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We have a choice on the Nox, place trans shifter into L and than push up arrow till dash shows L9 viola auto trans works just like it's in D and autostop is no more. I would think that GMC should be the same...
Terrain has no shift lever...just buttons on the dash...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Terrain has no shift lever...just buttons on the dash...[/QUOTE]

Still has the L button and plus and minus on the dash though.😉

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Terrain has no shift lever...just buttons on the dash...
Still has the L button and plus and minus on the dash though.😉[/QUOTE]

tried the L button up to 9 and it works fine...still wish we had a choice to disable....otherwise love this vehicle...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
... but IMO nobody should have to adjust their driving...
Not trying to be a smarta$$, but don't you adjust your driving based on what you're driving. You wouldn't drive a 22 foot moving truck the way you drive a sports car and you wouldn't drive a sports car like you would drive some of the old boat Caddys or Buicks.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lets hope this does not become another YASST (yet another start stop thread) !

In the 2 years the vehicle is out i have not seen a complaint of starter failure ...seen a couple of battery failures on this forum that are suspected on SS.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I use to have a 2016 2nd gen cruze. In that forum not a single issue with the starter for SS. A few battery issues. One was somehow it had the wrong battery installed. The other was from a bad cell. GM is going forward on newer models and installing the shut off for the SS.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Lets hope this does not become another YASST (yet another start stop thread) !

In the 2 years the vehicle is out i have not seen a complaint of starter failure ...seen a couple of battery failures on this forum that are suspected on SS.
Sorry, I just get aggravated with the comments that you have to adjust your driving because of Start/Stop.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I get aggravated that there is no hand crank option anymore...when you are far out there and your battery decide to give up the ghost :(

·
Registered
491 Posts
picked up the 2019 Terrain SLT a couple weeks ago...white with the black package...2.0L Turbo....love th engine and the interior...nice comfy seats :)
I like the Black Package; similar to the Redline Package on my Equinox.

I don't know if you like fender stripes or not, but I think a black fender hash stripe would complement the looks of the Black Package theme.

Something like this only in black on your Terrain.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I used to like the option of pushing to about 5 mph, jump in and put tranny in 1st gear, let the clutch out out and engine starts.....
My brother and I actually tried this a couple of times on his old corvair.
It works much better if you turn on the ignition first.

·
Registered
660 Posts
My brother and I actually tried this a couple of times on his old corvair.
It works much better if you turn on the ignition first.

Indeed :smile:i remember forgetting to put the ignition on a few times and wondering why it is not working..especially when i was trying to impress somebody...
i found 2nd gear easier though as you need to declutch and clutch back quickly and in 1st you have to be flash gordon to achieve starting the engine without it sputtering off immediately.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts