GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
I see. . just was mentioning the Acadia since it is built on the same topic Blazer platform. So an alterative to those interested in the Blazer.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yep, the Acadia was on my list of potential vehicles when looking to replace my Toyota. I would have gone that route but I wanted something with better fuel economy and ended up with the Nox.
Silversn95, too late for you now but the 2017+ V6 Acadia would have given you very close to the mpgs you're getting now with the Nox, albeit it would depend on your personal driving situations.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Yep, the Acadia was on my list of potential vehicles when looking to replace my Toyota. I would have gone that route but I wanted something with better fuel economy and ended up with the Nox.

I see you are a 2017 Sonic owner as well. We have a 2017 hatch with auto. Love that little car for cruising around and even on a highway drive. We just drove it to and back from the Acadia dealer in Illinois about 330 miles. It rained and was windy a great deal on the way back, but we got 37.4 MPG on the way there and still 38.2 MPG on the way back going slower (60 to 65 MPG).

·
Registered
110 Posts
Silversn95, too late for you now but the 2017+ V6 Acadia would have given you very close to the mpgs you're getting now with the Nox, albeit it would depend on your personal driving situations.
I doubt it. I have been getting between 35 to 43 mpg on the Nox, mix if city/highway. I can't see a bigger, heavier SUV with any V6 approaching those numbers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I see you are a 2017 Sonic owner as well. We have a 2017 hatch with auto. Love that little car for cruising around and even on a highway drive. We just drove it to and back from the Acadia dealer in Illinois about 330 miles. It rained and was windy a great deal on the way back, but we got 37.4 MPG on the way there and still 38.2 MPG on the way back going slower (60 to 65 MPG).
The sonic is a great little car (made just north of Detroit!). We have had only one cosmetic issue with it which the dealer covered under warranty. Handles like a Go-Kart and also surprised on how well in cruises on the highway. It is used for short in town runs mostly so we haven't been getting great fuel economy numbers with it, around 30 mpg.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Nope guess not, I was in the 24 city and 29-30 hwy range with the Acadia, which is what we're getting with our Terrain.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually they are not that far apart, if both vehicles were to use the common liters per 100 instead of Canadian MPG and American MPG then they would come much closer. They still are very very good however as I found out going from northern Ontario to Montreal last March and was averaging 6.1 for the 600km trip and that was with a Terrain 2.0 with 87 octane gas.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Actually they are not that far apart, if both vehicles were to use the common liters per 100 instead of Canadian MPG and American MPG then they would come much closer. They still are very very good however as I found out going from northern Ontario to Montreal last March and was averaging 6.1 for the 600km trip and that was with a Terrain 2.0 with 87 octane gas.
I was pretty good at math in school and at work, but you lost me with 'the common liters per 100 instead of Canadian MPG'. Could you explain if it's not too involved? We've hijacked this thread enough as it is.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was pretty good at math in school and at work, but you lost me with 'the common liters per 100 instead of Canadian MPG'. Could you explain if it's not too involved? We've hijacked this thread enough as it is.
The standard mpg referenced in Canada uses the Imperial gallon and not the US gallon.

I either use the US gallon for mpg or use the l/100km unit when referring to fuel economy.

I have seen as good as 5.5 L/100 kms in the Nox which is 42.8 US MPG or 51.4 Imp MPG.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
OK, for US mpgs, I take miles driven divided by gallons purchased, not totally accurate but close enough for me. Example 300 miles driven 10 gallons purchased = 30 mpg. How would you calculate using either liters or Imp Gallons?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts