GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the new 2012 Equinox LT-1. Love it. Having the cloth changed at the dealer to leather.

I want some Husky or Weathertech Mats in it. But neither vendor has a 2012 selection.

Can we for say the inside layout of the Equinox 2011 and 2012 are the same as far as putting in these Mats?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on your new Equinox Rich!!
Yes...the layout and dimensions of the 2012 is the same as the 2011. I have a 2012 2LT FWD.
I purchased the 2011 Equinox Husky Weatherbeater floor liners (front and back) and 2011 WeatherTech cargo mat...all fit perfectly!
I preferred the Husky Weatherbeater liners because they cover more up the front of the footwells (under the pedals) and under the back of the front seats for the back seat liner.
The WeatherTech cargo liner has an extra section that folds up against the back seat when the seat is all the way back and covers most of the plastic 'bridge' (or whatever it's called) when you move the back seat forward.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
I agree..the Husky liner front and rear floormats...and WeatherTech cargo mat is the perfect setup...! :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks NoxRox and Iceman...

I had the Husky's in my GMC Acadia I traded in and also are in my KIA Sorento....love them...actually like them better than weather tech....Your description is right on Key...I will order them tonight...Want to protect the inside of my new Nox. THanks again!! Funny that Weathertech or Husky have not updated their site yet for the 2012 Nox.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Make sure you get the mats with the dual post snap-on retention device, as I am sure that's what 2012 uses, and not dual hooks. Not even sure if Husky offer the snap-on mats, but I know Weathertech does. And imo, the texture of WeatherTech looks so much better than Husky

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Husky Liners are made for both the hooks and the posts. The 2012s do have the posts and they fit right in the little molded space.
I do agree with CFRTim...the WeatherTechs have a nicer looking texture...but I preferred the better coverage of the Huskys.
The part closest to the seat fits under the rails for the seat adjustment and all the way up the front of the footwell. It was hard to get a photo of the whole thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice pic, here is what the WeatherTech looks like, and they "snap" into place just like the original mats.
I must say the Huskys do cover a little more area on the ends, while the WeatherTech does a better job on the sides, lol. Keep in mind there are 3 cuts for the floor side vents, as you can see from the picture

·
Registered
47 Posts
CFRTim said:
Keep in mind there are 3 cuts for the floor side vents, as you can see from the picture
Yeah...I figured I'd see if the side wall over the vents poses a lack of heat to my feet during the cold winter months.
If it does, I'll just cut them down but leave a little bit so no melted snow leaks down into the vent.
I wonder if anybody has had an issue with that...??? :shrug: Those vents are right down there, even with the floor.

At least we've got pics of both out there to help those considering them make up their minds.
I looked on every site I could and most of them just had stock photos, not the actual ones for my vehicle.
I got the cargo liner first...with it's nice texture. A couple days later I got the Huskys. I must say, was a little dissappointed at the finish on the Huskys.
But...they'll do what I want them to...keep all the snow and slush and salt off the carpet. Geez...I am so NOT looking forward to winter. :(
:cheers:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Okay, you've got me convinced, I need to stick with WeatherTech. I just bought my 2012 Nox LT, and I was debating between the two. The Husky's are about $80 cheaper than the WeatherTech, but after looking at these pictures, and having owned a set of weathertech in my previous vehicle, I can definitely see the difference between the two and the better look (IMHO) of the WeatherTech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts