GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a reader here for sometime and now that I have run the first tank in our new Nox FWD V-6 I am happy to report..... Tank #1 mixed driving with four grown folks has yielded 19.8 hand calculated. The whizbang on the dash said 20.2 so it was in the ballpark. We are running tank #2 now and have the tires pumped to the 44LB max pressure, they were at 32 LB for a better ride. More after next fill up.

·
Registered
483 Posts
moriver said:
I have been a reader here for sometime and now that I have run the first tank in our new Nox FWD V-6 I am happy to report..... Tank #1 mixed driving with four grown folks has yielded 19.8 hand calculated. The whizbang on the dash said 20.2 so it was in the ballpark. We are running tank #2 now and have the tires pumped to the 44LB max pressure, they were at 32 LB for a better ride. More after next fill up.
Well at 44 psi in the tires you will probably get a little better mpg but you are going to get a very rough ride. I keep mine at the factory recommended 35 psi and I have averaged 18.6 over 17,000 miles at about 90% city driving. Not bad for a V6. I checked it once on a highway trip and got 26.4 running around 70 mph for the most part. Again, not bad and better than expected considering I don't baby it. I do like the additional power of the V6 versus the 4 and mpg wasn't my main concern when I bought the Equinox.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2012 AWD Equinox currently with about 4700 miles on it. The majority of my miles are highway miles with the best mileage attained being 24.7 on one tank. Overall I'm getting 23.5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts