GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as someone gets confirmation on new colors for 2012....please post em up!! I'm getting anxious to say the least. I have been Googling a lot but so far have only come up with...there will be new colors but that's it.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
For the 2012 Terrain I am showing Quicksilver Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic, Carbon Black Metallic (available at an extra charge), Olympic White, Onyx Black, Mocha Steel Metallic, and Steel Blue Metallic as exterior color options. For the 2012 Equinox I am showing Silver Ice Metallic, Gold Mist Metallic, Black Granite Metallic (extra cost. Not available on LS), Summit White, Black, Mocha Steel Metallic (not available on LS), and Twilight Blue Metallic (not available on LS) as exterior color options. I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more specific information.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
468 Posts
There is no red to replace the Cardinal Red that was removed? I thought for sure the Espresso Brown in the 2011 spring package was going to be included in the 2012 colors since the Cardinal Red was removed...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cottonseed said:
There is no red to replace the Cardinal Red that was removed? I thought for sure the Espresso Brown in the 2011 spring package was going to be included in the 2012 colors since the Cardinal Red was removed...
The reason there is no "Red" is due to the pigment comes from Japan where the tidal wave was. Guess there won't be red of anykind until that's back up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Barry said:
The reason there is no "Red" is due to the pigment comes from Japan where the tidal wave was. Guess there won't be red of anykind until that's back up.
Well that sucks, at least they should add one other color to it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SlayerX11 said:
Well that sucks, at least they should add one other color to it.
For sure! I would like to see something with more brown tone to it that would work with the black/brown interior.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Barry said:
As soon as someone gets confirmation on new colors for 2012....please post em up!! I'm getting anxious to say the least. I have been Googling a lot but so far have only come up with...there will be new colors but that's it.
. Ya but none of those are new colors unless its updated in the past 2 days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a red '11 and my salesperson said in '12 they are replacing red with the espresso brown and that they are adding a white triple coat pearl type option, but I haven't seen anything official.

·
Registered
65 Posts
geg7901 said:
I just bought a red '11 and my salesperson said in '12 they are replacing red with the espresso brown and that they are adding a white triple coat pearl type option, but I haven't seen anything official.
Idk that brown color looks good and bad. I'm sort of mixed on it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received an answer from GM on new colors. Espresso Brown is NOT one of them. Only new one is Ice Blue Metallic.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Barry said:
I received an answer from GM on new colors. Espresso Brown is NOT one of them. Only new one is Ice Blue Metallic.
Time will tell, I find it hard to believe they will leave a void with red and not replace it with a brown or a orangey color. Even more so when they already started rolling out 2011 Espresso Browns. Was it a dealership that told you that or someone that knows what they are talking about within GM?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cottonseed said:
Time will tell, I find it hard to believe they will leave a void with red and not replace it with a brown or a orangey color. Even more so when they already started rolling out 2011 Espresso Browns. Was it a dealership that told you that or someone that knows what they are talking about within GM?
I emailed the question direct to GM and a Customer Service lady called me back with in 30 minutes. Could be that the dark browns and oranges also use thae red pigment that is not available from Japan? As to what Ice Blue Metallic looks like....best I could come up with was that color on the Tahoe but not sure if it is the SAME.

·
Registered
949 Posts
So are they removing the Cyber Gray Metallic?

·
Registered
748 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts