GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

New 2011 Equinox... Rust... already?

24K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  hyperv6 
amgrass623 said:
I have already had the lift gate on my 2011 Equinox repainted for rust. The body shop at my dealership said it wasn't in the primer, but above it and because it was in the paint, it happened between the processes. I picked it up the weekend before Christmas. It gets washed weekly and sometimes more due to weather. My vehicle is silver and now I'm seeing more rust. This is just not acceptable for a new vehicle.

Previously I haven't had any issues w/my Chevy vehicles. Matter of fact, this one replaced my 2002 Impala with 245,000 miles on it. The impala only had a small patch of rust from the paint chipping at the bottom of the vehicle when it had over 100,000 miles. This just isn't the usual Chevy quality that I'm used to.

I see everyone talking about fixes, however I would take it into the dealership. The more issues they log, the quicker we can get GM to look at the underlying issue. Something just isn't right.

Just thought I'd add my experience to the discussion. Thx
Does yours have a sunroof? I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact they are shipping the bodies to Oshawa from Ingersoll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.