GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My wife and I just purchased a new 2010 Equinox LTZ this weekend. We've been working on this for a couple of months, and finally were able to make all the pieces fit.

I've owned a Traverse for over 1 year now, and when I saw the new 2010 Equinox it seemed like a perfect match for a "his and hers" type scenario. ;D

Ours is a White LTZ with solid black interior. My wife wasn't too turned on with the black at first, but soon realized how much easier it will be to keep clean, and it just looks fantastic with the white exterior. It is a FWD with the I4 engine. We thought about the V6, but traded in a HHR with the same engine and loved that engine. That and the MPG ratings pretty much helped us decide to stay with the I4 engine.

Unfortuantely we were not able to talk the dealer down much from sticker price. This was his last Equinox he had in stock, and wasn't expecting many very soon. They seem super popular in our area. So he had the upper hand. Fortunately we had a lot of incentives in our favor though. A good GM card rebate, the $1000 loyalty and the credit union member rebate (basically same as employee price) so we jumped on this opportunity.

The Equinox is my wife's daily commute vehicle, so I'll be talking a bit here about it's performance over time on this task.

Narg

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Narg, great to hear you finally made the deal!
Please do keep us posted when you have some time, we're sure the wife will be loving it and have lots of questions!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did alot of on line price requests and the quotes I got were all identical. The all offer "supplier" prices. We finally decided that it didnt matter where you got it as the price would be the same. We did get the GM card ($1000) benefit and the credit union discount and the supplier price. Must be part of the new GM and I call it price fixing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts