GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everybody. I have began to drive new one REF LINE 2 L. Turbo. I still hane no experience with auto start stop function. Wtf?! I dont know how to disable it馃榿馃榿馃榿

Registered
Does your mirror have a long red reflector on it or is that a reflection?
What country are you in?

Registered
Does your mirror have a long red reflector on it or is that a reflection?
What country are you in?
I noticed on a 2020 Blazer Redline that there is indeed a red decal on the mirror that says Redline on it.

Maybe it's a new addition to the package.

Reactions: Lee F

Registered
Hi, everybody. I have began to drive new one REF LINE 2 L. Turbo. I still hane no experience with auto start stop function. Wtf?! I dont know how to disable it馃榿馃榿馃榿
Currently there is no switch to turn it off.

There is discussion on this topic in some other threads on this forum.

The easiest/cheapest work-around to defeat the stop/start is to select L (manual mode) on your shifter, and push the + button on top of the shifter eight times to display #9 in your instrument cluster.

The vehicle will then shift through all the gears as normal, but won't shut off when stopping.

It also won't shut off when the AC is set to max cooling.

There is an aftermarket module available that will defeat the stop/start, but it interferes with the remote start sequence.

The new 2021 Equinox, when released will have a switch to turn off the stop/start; as does the current model Blazer.

Reactions: Crankme69

Registered
Welcome to the forum.

Nice Nox, thanks for sharing the pics! Hope you have many trouble free miles & smiles!!!

The L9 method is what has become the norm here...

That stop start feature in my opinion is the most outrageous ridiculous equipment abusing penny saving dollar foolish device ever brought to fruition :violent:

Registered
That stop start feature in my opinion is the most outrageous ridiculous equipment abusing penny saving dollar foolish device ever brought to fruition :violent:
Yes, imagine driving on a crowded expressway near a big city on a hot summer day, driving along about 70 mph; suddenly due to unknown circumstances traffic stops.

Here you sit with a hot turbocharged engine that had just been running hard and fast is now suddenly shut off with no time to stabilize temperatures and pressures within the engine.

I'm sure this couldn't possibly be detrimental to the engine; :sad: often this scenario happens repeatedly in traffic in some areas.

This is just one of numerous reasons I dislike the stop/start feature.

Back to the topic; Nice Redline, Shashka_ha! I'm a little prejudiced as I also own a Redline.

Registered

Registered
I noticed on a 2020 Blazer Redline that there is indeed a red decal on the mirror that says Redline on it.

Maybe it's a new addition to the package.

I noticed a few more items.
It has a RS badge
On the left instead of a 2.0 badge it looks like 550T
The grill looks different than a Redline grill.

Reactions: garbec01

Registered
Oh that is so pretty! I am so jealous! They have named it the "black edition" or similar here in Australia, but that looks amazing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts