GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Negative review in Toronto Star..March 6th, 2010

14K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DOCTORMSTEIN1 
#1 ·
It doesn't sound like any other review I've seen. I have only read good things about the SRX to this date...

Review from Toronto Star http://www.wheels.ca/article/784803

Read follow-up comment by a Star reader...

did you really drive this one?

Re your comments on the 2010 SRX did you really drive one and if so were did you drive it? I picked up my new 2010 SRX4 on December 22 and have had no problems with snow or ice, this is my fourth new Cadillac and is the best one yet. My last new one was a 2008 CTS 4 which was a disaster in the fit and finish department , the SRX has extremely good fit and finish even, as you elude, it was made in Mexico and some how can’t be built well. As to performance it meets or exceeds my expectations and definitely is better on the highway than my 2008 CTS. On a recent trip to cottage country I got a combined fuel economy of 9.2 which included a lot of stop and go in the GTA. I really think you should take an SRX on a real road test.[/color]

Submitted by Heidi Joe at 7:45 AM Saturday, March 06 2010[/color]

See less See more
#3 ·
Narg said:
Seems the whole basis for his dislike is in the 3.0 power plant. Maybe if GM had supplied the turbo version this review would be 100% different? Overall a pretty short sighted review. Not to mention completely off from reality.
Just to let everybody know that my srx non turbo has plenty of power and pep. Those that say it doesn't probably drive a corvette or a V8 now.
Their is plenty of pep and energy and if you want more just push the shift nob to the left in the sport mode. More then enough for every day driving for 90 percent of the population. Considering the style inside and the out with its fit and finish, how can you go wrong. Just let me say Wow what a car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.