GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:

Hi Everyone,

I am having what I think are issues with my Terrain order. If you have time, please review the emails below and tell me what you think. The dealer keeps telling me not to worry... I have not had a great experience with them so far, and I'm not really worried, but I want to make sure the car will be here in 6-8 weeks like was promised.

First, here is my order # and Status:

Order: PRJR7M

Status 05/20/2011 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.

I checked with the dealer, and they assured me that they processed the order as they are supposed to. I also know that it can take time for the status to change. With that being said, I double checked with the GM Connects forum and here is what we discussed:

Me on 6/14

Hello,

I just wanted to see if someone can tell me if my order is on track:

PRJR7M

Status 05/20/2011 - (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.

Thanks!
George

GM Connects on 6/15:

George. at this point your order is still totally in the hands of your dealer. He must wait until he has an allocation for a new Terrain. And if its supposed to be a 2012 the first date to submit was on the Consensus report May 18th. Eric will do the GMC updates tomorrow so hopefully you have already been updated and we just dont know it yet. 2012 Terrain production begins July 18th after the summer shut down and tooling at the factory. Lets see what Eric shows tomorrow and if you do not move to 2000 status then perhaps you should talk with your dealer and find out exactly when he has available allocation to place your order into production. Larry
TERRAIN Terrain May 7/18 - 8/5 May 18 Jun 2 Jul 18

Me on 6/15:

Hello,

I just checked the status and nothing changed... My concern here is that we are going on 4 weeks and the order hasn't even really gone through yet. What if the allocation doesn't occur for two more months? Does that mean my order doesn't start until then?

Also, this order was for a 2011, but I suppose it should be for a 2012 now!!!

Thanks
George

GM Connects on 6/16:

George,

Yes, until the dealer submits the order from allocation, you're kind of stuck. I would check with other dealers in your area or region to find immediate allocation.

Lisa

:confused: :angryfire: :banghead:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just an opinion...your order for a Terrain will not go through until after 7/18/2011, and that will be for a 2012. The production for 2011's ended sometime in April. Normally, production takes about 6 weeks, so you should expect a 2012 about September 1st...give or take a week or 2.
If you need a car before then here's a suggestion: See if the dealer can give you a "loaner" until the new car comes in (or even a demo), or, try to contact another dealer to see if they have a 2011 in stock for you to buy. All of these are just educated guesses.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KCorey said:
Just an opinion...your order for a Terrain will not go through until after 7/18/2011, and that will be for a 2012. The production for 2011's ended sometime in April. Normally, production takes about 6 weeks, so you should expect a 2012 about September 1st...give or take a week or 2.
If you need a car before then here's a suggestion: See if the dealer can give you a "loaner" until the new car comes in (or even a demo), or, try to contact another dealer to see if they have a 2011 in stock for you to buy. All of these are just educated guesses.
When I placed the order on 5/20, the dealer told me it would be 6-8 weeks and that it would be for a 2011.... I donno what is going on!

G

·
Registered
20 Posts
KCorey said:
... The production for 2011's ended sometime in April. ...
2011 production is continuing, and the '11s will be built out by the end of June. A few '12s will be built in June, with full production of the 2012 model starting in mid-July. I'm sure you meant that you couldn't order a 2011 after April. As you suggested, ggrair should now be expecting to get a 2012 since the dealer's order was not in the build schedule before the '11 cutoff.

ggrair:

GM only allows dealers to order "x" number of vehicles - this is called their allocation. That prevents situations like one dealer ordering up a ton of hot selling cars, leaving not enough to go around for the other dealers. If a dealer reaches their allocation, they have to wait until the next month / model year / whatever before they can order more, and this was obviously the situation with your dealer. The only solution was, as has been suggested by others, go to another dealer. At any rate, it's too late now... but if your order isn't in the system by the end of July - go to another dealer.

Also, as MOCHANOX suggested, it would be better to limit this discussion to one thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been awaiting GM to unleash 2012 production on the Terrain since April 2011 & was just informed by a dealership in my area that a few orders have already been sent out after the 4th of July holiday. I am curious as to what all of the final modifications are for all trim levels the 2012's. Hopefully more information comes to the surface soon! :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it seems that my dealer did end up screwing up the order.... She placed it too late and GM didn't accept it. By some miracle, she did find one in San Diego and they drove it up here (didn't like the idea of my new car having 138 mi on it...). Now I have it and so far so good!

G

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
aquarotro said:
I have been awaiting GM to unleash 2012 production on the Terrain since April 2011 & was just informed by a dealership in my area that a few orders have already been sent out after the 4th of July holiday. I am curious as to what all of the final modifications are for all trim levels the 2012's. Hopefully more information comes to the surface soon! :thumb:
The start up date of production for the 2012 Terrain is set for July 18th. I would recommend keeping in contact with your dealer for more specific ordering information. Here are some changes and feature for the 2012 Terrain:

Deletions
• (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
• (GIS) Merlot Jewel Metallic
• (UYE) Audio system, AM/FM/XM stereo with CD player
• (UYZ) Audio system, AM/FM/XM stereo with CD/DVD player
• (Q6D) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 7.5 (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) bright machined aluminum

New Features
• (LEA) 2.4L DOHC, 4-cylinder SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) (182 hp [135.7 kW] @ 6700 rpm, 172 lb-ft [232.2 N-m] @ 4900 rpm) E85 FlexFuel Capable with (FE9) Federal emissions only. Replaces (LAF)
• (UFU) Audio system, AM/FM/SiriusXM Color stereo with CD player
• (UEW) Audio system with Navigation
• (RSB) Wheels, 4 - 17" x 7.5" (43.2 cm x 19.1 cm) painted aluminum replaces (PFF) RPO CHANGE ONLY
• (RDK) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 7.5 (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) bright machined aluminum. New RPO code only replaces (QD6).
• (RSX) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 7.5" (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome clad aluminum replaces (Q6D) Wheels, 4 - 18" x 7.5" (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) bright machined aluminum
• (RT6) 4 - 19" x 7.5" (48.3 cm x 19.1 cm) chrome clad aluminum replaces (R3P) RPO CHANGE ONLY
• (DD8) Mirror, inside rearview camera display no longer available. Rearview camera display integrated into all audio systems
• (NK5) Steering wheel, comfort grip vinyl with integrated cruise controls now includes audio control

Changes
• (AKO) Glass, deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass) replaces (AJ1) Glass, Solar-Ray deep-tinted (all windows, except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver- and front passenger-side glass)

Highlights
• Bold exterior design
• Drivetrain:
o Segment-leading fuel economy: 22 city/32 highway
o Available FWD or AWD
o Standard (LEA) 2.4L DOHC, 4-cylinder SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) E85 capable when ordered with (FE9) Federal emissions, (182 hp [135.7 kW] @ 6700 rpm, 172 lb-ft [232.2 N-m] @ 4900 rpm)
o Available (LFW) 3.0L V6 SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) with VVT (Variable Valve Timing) E85 capable when ordered with (FE9) Federal emissions, (264 hp [196.8 kW] @ 6950 rpm, 222 lb-ft [299.7 N-m] @ 5100 rpm)
o 6-speed automatic transmission
• Premium Content:
o Best-in-class second row leg room
o Adjustable second row with 8" travel fore/aft
o Standard rearview camera system
o Available audio system with navigation and rear entertainment
o Available remote vehicle start
o Available programmable power liftgate
o Standard 17" painted aluminum wheels
o Available 18" chrome-clad aluminum wheels
o Available 19" chrome-clad aluminum wheels
• Safety:
o Six standard air bags
o Standard StabilTrak with Traction Control

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts