GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, new to the forums here, I just purchased a Equinox 2019 1.4L Turbo. I just hit about 11k miles. My driveshaft randomly just fell about 3 days ago. Brought to my Dealer because it's about 9 months old and they said it is not covered under MFG Warranty. I purchased the part myself, but from normal driveshaft, there isnt a normal u joint.. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,978 Posts
If you bought the car without a salvage title, then tell your dealer that you have a 3 yr/36 k warranty and then report the dealer to higher ups at GM. He is screwing you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried and they said " I damaged it" because there is a tiny dent on the case. I'm just replacing it myself due to them trying to charge me over $1000. Bought the part for $400. And installing myself, but this years is nothing like any previous years..

·
Registered
204 Posts
If the dealer is saying the damage was caused by road debris or something hitting the driveshaft you may be able to put a claim in against your auto insurance to cover/repair the damage. If your deductible is less than the total repair cost, it may be worth looking in to.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my first instinct. Deductible is $750. Part cost me $390 out the door. i just can't find anything anywhere on how to remove this **** drive shaft. it is nothing like any other year or like any other video lol. If i was a standard u joint i would have been done by now!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is just another good example of why we should avoid buying any of the recent GM junk being manufactured!

·
Registered
110 Posts
This is just another good example of why we should avoid buying any of the recent GM junk being manufactured!
Whatever impacted the OP's driveshaft would have had similar affect to any vehicle. Not sure how that is a GM specific issue.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Right on bro, get a Toyota, one of the 1.2 million just additionally recalled for fuel pumps or the latest 44k units for engine cracking.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know what happened to Toyota or if they have always had issues. I have owned two vehicles from Toyota. A 2009 Pontiac Vibe (all Toyota except for the body panels) and a 2017 Rav 4. The Vibe was generally reliable but had three noticeable issues. Only failure was a broken engine dip stick tube which is the only time I have ever had that happen on any car. Second issue was the steering intermediate shaft clunking, again something I have never experienced in any other car I have owned. Final issue is something it shared with the Rav4, too much NVH! So loud at highway speeds that you had to raise your voice to talk to the front seat passenger.
The Rav4 was worse however. I can list about two dozen issues with the Rav4 but the biggest issue was the transmission. Needless to say my ownership was brief (about 12 months) and very disappointing. Traded it in on my Equinox and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im not a fan of toyota, nissan, or honda. Owned them all, give this old man a Chevy. They arent the most up scaled, but they are chevys, parts are easy to get, fairly cheap, they run good, and last if taken care of. Now there are what we called monday morning & friday payday 4 oclock vehicles. But ihave owned 4 new chevys, i cant count how many chevys overall, all 4 new ones went trouble free over 100,000, and a couple over 175,000 mile. MAKE MINE CHEVROLET.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts