GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally installed my grill, and am very happy with how it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
had to do a little drilling on the very top edge, nothing that will be noticable if removed. Took probably an hour or less to install, pretty simple, with good instructions. Just have to be very careful when pulling the top of the grill open, for access to the back. I think if it was 'opened' too much it could crack.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
nice job, kudos to you!
8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mines black so I'm going for the all blacked out look... but the chrome mesh grill really does make the front end stand out. Looks really good on yours.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If any Terrain folks install the E&G wire mesh, please post some pics. I'm seriously considering one for the SLT-1. I know, I know, NY Joe, it's not your thing, but I liked how it looked on the E&G site.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Islander said:
If any Terrain folks install the E&G wire mesh, please post some pics. I'm seriously considering one for the SLT-1. I know, I know, NY Joe, it's not your thing, but I liked how it looked on the E&G site.
Wow,I made an impression.

I just think the overlay for the Terrain destroys the front. There is no break like the 'Nox.It is just 2 feet of mesh.

To each his own, but I am usually right. :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
NY Joe--The T Rex is an overlay, and I agree, doesn't look very good. On the other hand, The E&G wire mesh fully replaces the OEM grill and looks MUCH better. Check the pics at CarID.com.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
THAT explains those 5 stars...
You learn fast young grasshopper.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Steve A said:
Like the mesh grille, but, it would look better if the Chevy emblem was gone !!!
But then it would look like a generic vehicle like they use in TV commercials when they remove emblems and alter grills.
Just last night I said "whoa!" to the wife as I backed up the DVR and then said "I KNEW that was a Chevy Venture!"
I think it was an insurance commercial.

She rolled her eyes as if to say who cares!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Roesterman said:
But then it would look like a generic vehicle like they use in TV commercials when they remove emblems and alter grills.
Just last night I said "whoa!" to the wife as I backed up the DVR and then said "I KNEW that was a Chevy Venture!"
I think it was an insurance commercial.

She rolled her eyes as if to say who cares!
True.

I guess it's all about what you're going for. Some like stripping all the badges going for a custom look. Others like to brag the brand. I used to build bikes (choppers) and it was all about one of a kind. Now days I'm a little older and I'm much more into factory custom. If I'm not going full custom I'm more for adding some touches while still bragging the brand.

But that's just me.8)

Interior night shot of the Nox... sweet...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
topgun said:
True.

I guess it's all about what you're going for. Some like stripping all the badges going for a custom look. Others like to brag the brand. I used to build bikes (choppers) and it was all about one of a kind. Now days I'm a little older and I'm much more into factory custom. If I'm not going full custom I'm more for adding some touches while still bragging the brand.

But that's just me.8)

Interior night shot of the Nox... sweet...[/color]

Sweet it is!
Thanks for sharing topgun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Steve A said:
Different strokes, must admit I'm more of the "Nose and Deck" school.
Hey don't get me wrong my friend. I'd be with you 100% if we were talking about racing. The handling at really high speeds on a track is much better with RWD or AWD. All I was pointing out is that in "regular street driving" across all weather conditions for the money I don't think you can beat FWD. Even at that if I lived in a very mountainous and/or normally severe snow area then the AWD would be a plus to me as well.

I say this as someone who over the years has had a RWD Mustang, Corvette and a Lincoln Mark 8 that I couldn't hardly even back out of my driveway with 3 inches of snow on the ground. ;D

The good news and the thing I'm sure we both agree on is that the Nox & the Terrain seem to offer everything a person or a family could ever want in a very very fuel efficient package. About the only slight weakness I see is if you really have to tow major weight over 3500 lbs. But there's no way a vehicle that gets this kind of great gas mileage is going to be good at that. I'll take the gas savings over the super heavy tow capacity and smile all the way to the bank!

·
Registered
79 Posts
"Nosing and Decking" really didn't have anything to do with racing, only with appearance.

Perhaps you had my post confused with some earlier one ??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Steve A said:
"Nosing and Decking" really didn't have anything to do with racing, only with appearance.

Perhaps you had my post confused with some earlier one ??
I appologize... you are absolutely right. I was replying to multiple posts and got your post mixed up with a post from the "Handles in the snow" thread. I bet you thought... this topgun guy is crazy... he's just making crap up!!! ;D

On the emblems I know what you're saying. There are a lot of people that like the no badge look. I used to own 2 body shops back in the late 80's early 90's and we took emblems off for people all the time. Stick on types... not sure how the Nox grill bowtie is attached, haven't looked. And I always remove the dealer sales badge if I don't get to the vehicle before they slap it on in the first place. I think it looks cleaner.

Anyone needs a tip on debadging stick on factory emblems here it is... DENTAL FLOSS. Yes I said dental floss.;D You hook it under the edge of a badge you want removed and then holding the floss at both ends saw back & forth while pulling it across the back of the emblem. It will take the emblem off with no damage to your paint. Then you'll have to use some bug & tar remover or scratch remover (either will work) to get the left over sticky stuff and tape residue off. Wax it and it will look like brand new!

Sorry for the previous mistaken reply my friend.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No problem !!! ;)

I always used nylon fishing line and warmed it (emblem) with a hair dryer. Shouldn't use a heat gun as it can discolor the paint if used too vigorously. Then clean the remainder of the adhesive with 3M adhesive remover.

It looks like the front is attached with adhesive, probably also the rear one. For a really good job the chrome strip in the rear would also have to be painted body color.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Steve A said:
No problem !!! ;)

I always used nylon fishing line and warmed it (emblem) with a hair dryer. Shouldn't use a heat gun as it can discolor the paint if used too vigorously. Then clean the remainder of the adhesive with 3M adhesive remover.

It looks like the front is attached with adhesive, probably also the rear one. For a really good job the chrome strip in the rear would also have to be painted body color.
Well obviously you've been around this block before. :D

I know what you're saying about the rear chrome it would look good painted body color... that crossed my mind as well. One good thing is if you compare the size of that chrome piece on the 2009 to the new 2010 they did reduce its size considerably.

With mine being black the chrome doesn't distract much... it's all black and chrome. But if you're a purest (which I can tell you are) if you had a body color... and the flat black trim... and the chrome... it does have a little more going on.

They all still look really good though for a dead stock vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes, it was a little harder back in the good old days as you needed a welding torch and a little practice applying lead, as the stuff was bolted on then.

But I agree, the vehicle looks pretty good stock !! I just have a bad habit of wanting to mess with the stock vehicle !! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts