GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

NavTraffic and NavWeather 90-Day Trial from XM

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tbox302 
#1 ·
Dealer activated XM audio but not NavTraffic or NavWeather and during the "how to drive your Terrain" the salesman said we would have to pay for them if we wanted the service. Looking through the XM literature that came with our Terrain it says we should get a 90-day NavTraffic trial just like XM audio. So I called XM to find out. Customer Service agent (btw, avoid the menu drill by dialing 0 at the first and second menu prompts) was very courteous and within a couple of minutes had a 90-day trial of both added to our account. I did have to activate a reset to get it working but that is all it took. Cost after the 90-day trial is $3.99 for either / $6.98 for both. You do have to have the NAV option for this service.

#2 ·
Good tip, thanks skyracer.
Wonder why the Dealers and XM seem to have their lines crossed?

#3 ·
thanks for the info! i'll have to look into this as well. i'm pretty positive that i saw it pull up weather info the first drive, but the last few times i've tried it simply doesn't load any info.

#4 ·
not sure if you wanted all of it (it's mostly channel lineup info) but here is the page that mentions the NavTraffic (no mention of NavWeather i don't think). i called this afternoon and the rep got me upgraded to both traffic and weather for the trial no problem (after doing the 15-20 minute "download" or whatever).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.