GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 terrain with the new touch screen and navigation (the newest radio, car built in mid January). Every time I start the vehicle the screen says it’s loading the navigation from the SD card. I don’t remember it doing this when we first got the car but then everything was new and taking us a while to figure it all out. Does your navigation system load from the SD card each time you turn the key on?

This is not a big deal just wondering why the radio would have to load the navigation from the SD card each time you turn the key on, I'm still in the same location. This can also take anywhere from a few seconds up to a minute to complete. One time the radio locked up with the loading SD card message (during a 20 minute drive) and we had to turn the ignition off open/close the door to get it to reset.

Dave

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into this for you. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My 2012 Equinox (SD Nav) does the same thing...loading from SD card each start. I thought it to be normal. Isn't it?

·
Registered
515 Posts
It doesn't seem that it would load the map database; that would require a fairly
large memeory to hold it. And the NAV should be able to read its information from
the SD card.

My guess that is loading some NAV code and initializing working storage for the
navigation functions, which might including the initial screen image.

·
Registered
112 Posts
bydnar said:
My 2012 Equinox (SD Nav) does the same thing...loading from SD card each start. I thought it to be normal. Isn't it?

I was wondering the same thing. Loading from a card each time is annoying. Mine has "malfunctioned" twice (I guess it just didn't load correctly) and it took many tried loading the SD card and/or turning the car on and off to get it to recognize the SD card.[/color]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts